Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can see a p A R p being drawn!

Comment

I've been thinking this for yonks but collecting for the DS is a very fun activity.

In many ways, DS games (at least to me, lol) are equivalent to MD or MS games, ie. in the sense they're carts packed in durable plastic cases with good quality inlays and phat instructions.

I've been thinking this for eeeeeeeeeons but've been scared it will create a DS game price-hike (and I'm a pauper who likes to find 'em in the wild, like diseased Pokemon, not MetalJesus'sCocks getting donated Ghost Tricks from members of his member).

But, I'll be totally honest, it really IS like collecting MD games. The games are robustly-designed, sturdy, high quality, solid sh*t. Often huge, paper, glossy manuals.

Even the bloated PAL cases still preserve the games and I love them loads, it's just a brill little console and I should love it more.
      Last edited by JazzFunk; 10-01-2020, 07:37.

Comment

[MENTION=6476]JazzFunk[/MENTION]

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
          Don't know if anyone's mentioned it yet but that Konami Arcade Classics is very decent. Think I bought my copy off someone on here in like 2007/8. Still got it.
          I bought it so I could play Scramble on the go. Thanks to this thread, I just looked at my copy again and saw it had 15 games on it! I'd forgotten what great value it was; the three switch Anniversary collections seem miserly by comparison.

Comment

I'd forgotten it had 15 games on, too!

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
              I've been thinking this for yonks but collecting for the DS is a very fun activity.

In many ways, DS games (at least to me, lol) are equivalent to MD or MS games, ie. in the sense they're carts packed in durable plastic cases with good quality inlays and phat instructions.

I've been thinking this for eeeeeeeeeons but've been scared it will create a DS game price-hike (and I'm a pauper who likes to find 'em in the wild, like diseased Pokemon, not MetalJesus'sCocks getting donated Ghost Tricks from members of his member).

But, I'll be totally honest, it really IS like collecting MD games. The games are robustly-designed, sturdy, high quality, solid sh*t. Often huge, paper, glossy manuals.

Even the bloated PAL cases still preserve the games and I love them loads, it's just a brill little console and I should love it more.
              Go for it, the majority of DS games are still relatively cheap it's only a small fraction that go for stupid money nowadays. Most 1st party Nintendo titles are still reasonably priced it's the 3rd party stuff that seems to get the price hike effect in recent tracking down of purchases the castlevania titles along with metal slug & contra are ones hit by the prices increasing made me regret not getting these back when they were retail prices. I would like to get little red riding hoods zombie BBQ but thanks to metal jesus is a cock there are no longer any sane priced ones left all the ones on ebay are stupidly inflated it's not that rare of a game but moneygrabbey hype thanks to youtube has now pushed it out of what i'm willing to pay for a mint copy there are even jokers asking like £60+ just for a cart only copy lol yeah no thanks. I'll just play that one on my flash cart.

You do bring up a good point though the cases do make collecting for them a bit more enjoyable one of the last times every game would come with a manual and if in Japan a full colour manual at that. Still don't understand how so many cart only copies exist when the cases were great at keeping them protected. With so many fakes about there's no way in hell i'd risk a cart only copy as you are pretty much asking for a fake.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                Hold onto it, as that one goes for £50+ even in japan it's a nice collection too. There's a few more on ds like the intellivision one and theres an atari collection too but i only have those in rom form at the moment.
                Nah bud goes for about £20-30 for the PAL version, lets not start overpricing thing on forums without doing a quick ebay search. Price changes wildly between region versions.

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
                  Nah bud goes for about £20-30 for the PAL version, lets not start overpricing thing on forums without doing a quick ebay search. Price changes wildly between region versions.
                  Well I don’t buy uk ds games so if I’m going on about prices then I base them on my own experience which is buying Japanese versions but yes the prices do vary a lot between regions konami arcade collection in japan goes for a lot I had to pay over £50 for mine and that was the cheapest one in a nice condition on amazon. On yahoo auctions a bit cheaper but time you add in the fees it’s gonna be about the same.
                  Last edited by importaku; 16-01-2020, 13:29.

Comment

I've not forgotten about this thread. I'm currently playing Pokemon Platinum, which is my first proper Pokemon game, after only playing Pokemon Snap on N64.

I'm not sure if I get all the fuss, its an rpg with animals instead of characters? I've got a big turtle thing with a tree on it's back, a fish that's now a big serpent, and some little thing still in half an egg shell.

How do you pick up hidden items found with the radar?

Comment

Working...
                    X