DS recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DS recomendations

Looks good! I’m getting a ds lite again for xmas. Any ideas from peeps about the more obscure games? Business sims, simulations, quirky odd serious stuff? I loved Hotel Dusk.

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
    Looks good! I’m getting a ds lite again for xmas. Any ideas from peeps about the more obscure games? Business sims, simulations, quirky odd serious stuff? I loved Hotel Dusk.
    Ghost Trick

Comment

Okamiden

Solatorobo

Comment

*makes notes in badly scrawled crayon*

Comment

Get a dodgy card so you can play translated stuff like Ni No Kuni, Nameless Game and Love Plus.

Of the funky Jp games, I really like the Densha De Go game for the DS which covers the Yamanote line.

Comment

Might be best to get Solatorobo sooner rather than later. The US version already goes for crazy money. PAL version is still affordable atm.

That Sinclair calculator is awesome btw

Comment

You can blame the rising costs on youtubers who have now permanently distorted the market like they have done with pretty much all retro stuff with rare/valuable game episodes, so now solatorobo is one that people hoard to flip on ebay all the cheap copies have been hoovered up to resell you can thank metaldip****rocks and the rest of his ilk once again for it. I'd second the suggestion of getting a flash cart and trying out the games especially Japanese weirder ones as you may find the language barrier too steep so at least you can play it risk free first and then decided wether to go down the path of tracking a real copy down. About a third of my DS collection exists thanks to been able to try out the library risk free and see if the games/software are any good before i splash the cash but if you are not fussed on condition it will make things a bit easier for tracking down games as finding mint uncreased manuals and unfaded cases can be very tough for some titles.

just a small selection of weirder japanese stuff i'd recommend

Both game centre cx games
              bokura no terebi game kentei
              coropata
              tingles balloon trip of love (theres a fan translation of this ace game)
              jigsaw world
              Koisuru Purin! Koi Wa Daibouken!

to be honest theres a crazy amount to recommend but it's gonna be tough as some depend on the language barrier and also peoples taste in game genres. The DS is an amazing machine probably the most favourite of all the stuff nintendo has ever released the library is insanely good and vast. I have played an obscene amount as i have gone through the entire lot there are very few japanese games that i don't know about some stuff so obscure it barely even was mentioned on the net in japan and nothing in english which goes back to how valuable a flash cart is.

Comment

There's also this epic thread

Comment

Ooooh cheers for the thread. I’ll look through the big one too. So far I’ve been playing Infinate Space and a an english translation of the Sandlot Mech game. Any other suggestions?

Comment

have posts been pulled out to create a new thread as I certainly don’t remember typing that in here. As for recommendations what genres do you like? I remember the megathread but sadly a lot of the image links are dead in it now. Lol at my post on that thread saying I was pretty much done with ds collecting err yeah that didn’t work out lol.
                    Last edited by importaku; 27-12-2019, 13:06.

Comment

Yeah, I asked Charles to make it into a proper thread, as it was lost in the other one I’ll play most things! But interested in any weird sim type games or the more unusual.

Comment

There’s a simple series game called the Haisha san where you get to be a dentist it doesn’t get weirder than that. I made a retrospective thread on that one but I’m at work on my phone so I can’t find the link i’ll Post it when I get home, if you like weird that one is near the top.

Edit, never mind I managed to find it via a google search hehe, sadly all the screenshots were nuked when my hosting site vanished but my YouTube vid is still live.
                        Last edited by importaku; 27-12-2019, 13:35.

Comment

Is it fun to play? It sounds a bit like pulling teeth.

Comment

Comment

Is it fun to play? It sounds a bit like pulling teeth.
                              It's a little janky in places as it is a budget title after all but i did get a lot of fun from it. Having to quiz your patient about whats up with them then the examination of their gob before you whip out the needles and get going at them all the moans & squeals are replicated if you are harsh on your patients lol. cleanings, root canals, extractions crowns & fillings are all on offer for the curious player. Hell they even recreate that horrible school dentist visit experience where you have to screen kids gobs on decay. The seminar quiz segments are really hardcore, unless you went to dental school there's no way in hell you'd know the answers the devs actually put some real effort into this one despite it's budget title roots but the seminar sections can be skipped they are just bonus ways of ranking up for more cash. As you play and get better you get more money which in turn allows you to hire better staff and eventually buildings to practice in. Managed to complete this one.

Worth it for the box art alone lol

my 32 min play of it lol
                              Last edited by importaku; 27-12-2019, 21:25.

Comment

Working...
                              X