Framemeister HDMI issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Framemeister HDMI issues

My trusty Framemeister has started acting up of late, and in a really odd way. I have four consoles connected to it - a Dreamcast via SCART(480p/240p), a Saturn via SVideo, and an Analogue Super NT and a Mega SG both via HDMI. Everything was working just fine until a few days ago when bizarrely both the Analogue consoles lost their audio. I can plug them in directly and bypass the Framemeister and normality is restored, but then I'm swapping HDMI leads all the time which the Framemeister used to handle nicely for me.

I've rummaged through the settings and can't find anything to fix it. Is my Framemeister toast?

Thanks all.

I had a problem with the HDMI settings once. So all I can recommend is adjusting the HDMI and Audio settings, but you probably already have. Maybe reset the FM to default settings, or flash an old firmware.

Yakumo is the expert on the Framemeister, so he might have a better clue as to what the problem could be.

Comment

Hmm, no audio? I've not faced that one before. Hmm, via HDMI direct are your u still getting audio? Try that if not then something is damaged on the HDMI output port. In that case maybe a bit of dirt has entered it? Try some deoxcedising cleaner or compressed air on the HDMI out port.

Comment

I had the same issue a while back. But it was with my TV and where I put on the HDMI Ultra HD Deep Colour mode on by mistake for the HDMI port I was using for the Frame

Comment

I've been playing around with this for hours now. I found some odd things which I guess indicate that my FM is on its way out.

1 - If I reset one of the Analogue consoles to stock settings the sound comes back, but only until I change inputs to something else then come back to the Analogue system.

2 - If I turn on one of the Analogue systems with nothing else active on the FM then I get sound. If I then turn on something else, the FM loses sound again.

So for now I can work around this by making sure I only have one powered up system on at once. I've played around with every FM audio setting I can find and none of them made any difference, except bizarrely changing HDMI 1 audio from Direct to "D". That again brought sound back but only until I switched inputs. I hope my FM isn't about to die as I love the little guy.

Comment

Maybe the firmware has corrupted which is why you are getting this buggy behaviour?? have you tried reflashing it like leon suggested?

Comment

Working...
            X