No announcement yet.

The 52 Games of 2020 Challenge Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The side quests are probably better than the main quests in this! I finished the game 16 months ago and can still remember a ton of them. Well worth doing.

Comment

Played 4 hours of Judgment in the past couple of days and am loving it.

Fired up Batman Arkham Knight tonight as I've never played it. For a 2015 release it looks bloomin' good.

Comment

Good gam is yon Judgment.

Comment

Originally posted by Wools View Post
          I think we need a more realistic target for us of a certain age!

For example, I completed 2 games last year but due to my excitement of The Witcher, I’ve spun up Wuther III GOTY and have planned to complete it... In 2020! DLC and all!
          This isn't about completing games, it's about playing unplayed games in your pile of shame, even if that's giving them a go for 15 minutes (and perhaps discovering something you want to spend more time playing that would otherwise have festered to digital rot).

I'm sure even people of a certain age can mange 15 minutes from a 10080 minute week.
          Last edited by MartyG; 04-01-2020, 08:35.

Comment

Someone is wussing out ^^^

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
              This isn't about completing games, it's about playing unplayed games in your pile of shame, even if that's giving them a go for 15 minutes (and perhaps discovering something you want to spend more time playing that would otherwise have festered to digital rot).

I'm sure even people of a certain age can mange 15 minutes from a 10080 minute week.
              Fair, I thought it was complete or go home!

You’re a braver fellow than me, I think I’m a committed man this year with Witcher 3 + DLC, soak up the dregs I have left with Dirt Rally and then get back to the games I’ve left this year with Assassins Creed Origins, Ion Fury and loads more. I might jump on board with you lot!

Comment

Game One done. Bruce Lee on the C64. Played on my Xbox with an arcade stick. Remapped up to a second button. Lovely.

Comment

Now there’s a gam!

Be water, my friend...

Comment

It's Week 2: 8th-14th Jan - nearly forgot

For this week I took a look at Homeworld Revisited on PC, only this wasn't a revisit for me - I bought this years ago in a Steam sale and never got around to booting it up until now.

Homeworld is an RTS game set in space. The interface is a little bit quirky with a lot of key modifiers for mouse selects, but considering the 3D environment, it works reasonably well allowing you to set up ship groups and attack fleets.

There is quite a lot of strategy to the game as there's a tactical view allowing for micro management and a strategic view allowing for a greater overall view of combat with plenty of options for fleet formations and movement control.

It's worth a look as the explosions are great - I give it 7 silent screams out of 10.
                    Last edited by MartyG; 12-01-2020, 15:08.

Comment

Playing my £1 CEX 360 DARKSIDERS 2. Getting into it, I really enjoy all the vine-climbing in this.

Comment

Week 2.

Played a shedload of Candy Crush and an hour of Batman Arkham Knight.

I make that 4 games.

Judgment
                        Captain Toad
                        Candy Crush Saga
                        Batman Arkham Knight

Comment

I'm a one game at a time guy but love the idea of this. Problem is, I only get a few hours a week now so currently playing Spider-Man on PS4 for the first time. It is brilliant, but is a little too focused on collecting which plagues open world games. It would be fine but it is so necessary to upgrade items and abilities, to the point that they should be done asap.

Comment

Already into Week 3: 15th-21st Jan
                            -----------------------------------------------

Time for you third week of previously unplayed games from your pile of shame.

This week was Space Tyrant (PC) - it's a strategy game set in space, turn based. You build up an empire and fleet invade planets and conquer the galaxy.

Very basic though and the combat isn't really that involving as the ships fire automatically, you just have control over special abilities. There's some research and a small amount of strategy, but it seems fairly shallow overall.

I give it 6 overlords out of 10.
                            Last edited by MartyG; 19-01-2020, 17:12.

Comment

Can you believe it, we are already into week 4.

Week 4 runs 22nd-28th Jan - get you pile of shame reduce by playing another unplayed game in your collection ....

--------------------------------------------

Darksiders III Xbox One

What a dreadful, dreadful game. A real disappointment after the first two games - combat worse, character worse, bosses worse. Definitely wasn't worth the time I spent on it.

Avoid this one. I give it 3 broken lightbulbs out of 10.
                              Last edited by MartyG; 26-01-2020, 09:42.

Comment

Can this be pinned?

Anyway...

Super Mario 3D World - WiiU
                                Mini Metro - Android
                                Doom 2016 - PS4

Comment

Working...
                                X