Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon.co.jp returns. HELP!

Hi all

I know several of you guys use Amazon.co.jp ( @importaku and @chopemon, I believe both of you guys do?).

Is there anyone who has had to return anything to them before?

I have a problem - I ordered an item, a Pomera DM30, before Xmas. Unfortunately when it arrived, it was defective. I completed the returns form on the Amazon website and have received the returns label and the commercial invoice I need to use.

However, I'm finding the whole process of returning it incredibly complicated. For example, I need to use DHL according to Amazon, but DHL won't let me setup to send a parcel without providing a name of recipient. Of course, this is Amazon - so there is no name, just the address of the returns centre.

Not only that, but I don't really get what I do with the commercial invoice. Apparently I just hand it to the courier? Will they know what to do with it? Or do I need it stuck to the box?

I need this thing back at Amazon JP by 11th Jan (I'm only sending now as have been away from home all Xmas not to mention hugely busy with work).

Please, any help much appreciated! I'm stressing.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by wakka View Post
    Hi all

I know several of you guys use Amazon.co.jp ( @importaku and @chopemon, I believe both of you guys do?).

Is there anyone who has had to return anything to them before?

I have a problem - I ordered an item, a Pomera DM30, before Xmas. Unfortunately when it arrived, it was defective. I completed the returns form on the Amazon website and have received the returns label and the commercial invoice I need to use.

However, I'm finding the whole process of returning it incredibly complicated. For example, I need to use DHL according to Amazon, but DHL won't let me setup to send a parcel without providing a name of recipient. Of course, this is Amazon - so there is no name, just the address of the returns centre.

Not only that, but I don't really get what I do with the commercial invoice. Apparently I just hand it to the courier? Will they know what to do with it? Or do I need it stuck to the box?

I need this thing back at Amazon JP by 11th Jan (I'm only sending now as have been away from home all Xmas not to mention hugely busy with work).

Please, any help much appreciated! I'm stressing.

Thanks in advance.
    Sorry Wakka i'm not much good here as have never had to return anything yet. Have you tried contacting amazon japans customer service and explain to them your situation and see if they can give you the extra info needed to be able to get your item sent back by DHL it's weird that they need a persons name as well as surely amazon japans return centre should have been enough? As for the invoice if you are not sure i'd make a couple of copies and stick one on the parcel and hand one to the courier, i think they sign a copy which you keep as proof you have handed it over to be sent back and the other goes on the parcel to be returned.

Not related to amazon japan but i had to send my quarter arcade back by DHL and i had to print out a special invoice with a barcode on it and i gave one copy to the courier which he signed and returned back to me and the other copy was taped to my parcel.

Comment

Sorry dude, not had to do a returns either. Hope you get it sorted.

Comment

I don't have any first hand experience with this I'm afraid, but do you mean that it's a required field on their site? Just put Amazon Japan as the name, or call DHL first thing tomorrow and ask what they need.

Comment

Haven't had the pleasure of having to do a return there yet, but I'd agree with the above - DHL requiring a name would likely prompt me to say it's going to "Mr Amazon Returns".

Comment

Thank you guys for your thoughts.

I'm running low on time now so I've printed all the documentation from Amazon, booked a delivery back to Japan with DHL (at a cost of £70 :/), and printed all THEIR stuff, and they're now coming at around 11 to collect it. I have a whole bunch of stuff between Amazon and DHL to stick onto this box and sign and stuff.

Gonna stick the Amazon returns barcode thing to the outside, and put one in the box, likewise with the Amazon commercial invoice, and with the DHL waybill thing. I have about three copies of everything.

Hopefully this works and the courier knows what I should sign/hand him/etc.

What a hassle :l

Comment

£70??!!? What is it if you don't mind me asking.

Comment

I remember with the Densha de Go! plug & play USB thing I got a lot of emails about a potential return and upgrade, but deemed it to be a bit too much hassle for how busy I was at the time. With a flat out faulty bit of kit that you want to get to using, I guess that's less of an option

Comment

It’s an electronic typewriter, a Pomera DM30.

Yeah, I’m so unlucky with this type of thing. Amazon JP says I should be able to claim back cost of shipping if they accept it’s ‘their fault’. So...fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                    T

Gonna stick the Amazon returns barcode thing to the outside, and put one in the box, likewise with the Amazon commercial invoice, and with the DHL waybill thing. I have about three copies of everything.

Hopefully this works and the courier knows what I should sign/hand him/etc.

What a hassle :l
                    What you have done is perfect, the CI and Amazon barcode should be attached to the box outside, the waybill will be signed by the driver.

I woudn't worry about a name on the returns ( put c/o Amazon JP )

Comment

Originally posted by garrz32 View Post
                      What you have done is perfect, the CI and Amazon barcode should be attached to the box outside, the waybill will be signed by the driver.

I woudn't worry about a name on the returns ( put c/o Amazon JP )
                      Great thanks Garrz. That's reassuring. Still waiting on the collection.

Comment

An extremely grumpy man from DHL collected this today. He was actually fairly helpful though after he got over his annoyance that he had to inspect the contents of the box and get me to sign something.

All of the documents supplied by Amazon are both sealed inside the box and with him along with the waybill stuff I had to print out from DHL.

So. I think it should be OK. I hope. And I hope Amazon give me back the £70 I've had to spend on shipping and insurance back. We'll see.

What a hassle. Thank you to people who provided advice and/or commiseration.

If I reorder a new one of these and it also turns up busted so help me god.

Comment

Hope it all turns out okay hon!

Comment

Working...
                          X