No announcement yet.

The Witcher (Netflix)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched the first episode of this. A really stupid programme. The town sets look like something that would house guest services and a burger bar in a theme park land.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
      I watched the first episode of this. A really stupid programme. The town sets look like something that would house guest services and a burger bar in a theme park land.
      Pretty sure I ate there in Tokyo Disney Sea one time.

Comment

3 episodes in and I think it’s fab. Geralt’s voice is just like in the games.

Comment

Saw the first episode the day it came out. Rather than making me want to keep watching (and I haven't), it instead made me want to pick up The Witcher III and continue playing from where I left off 6 months ago. So... good job, I guess?

Comment

Well, according to Netflix's new way of counting views, you watched the series and loved it. It's a hit!

Comment

I enjoyed it. Can't wait for the next season, and has spurred me on to restart TW3. Because there's no way I'm going to remember how to play it to finish off the DLC

Comment

There's quite a cool and attractive interactive timeline website here that they just launched, following key events in the world and characters: https://www.witchernetflix.com/en-gb.

But reading chronologically from left to right, when mapped against the episodes, it shows how they zigzagged about a lot and perhaps a bit too much? Events read chronologically from earliest to latest appear in the following episodic 'order': 2, 3, 1, 4, 2, 3, 1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 1, 7, 1, 2, 4, 7, 8.

Still, I enjoyed it.
                Last edited by Golgo; 24-01-2020, 16:10.

Comment

Literally every scene me and my son say "so when is this?"

Earlier he said "Yeah of course people are watching this for the ridiculous plot" (sarcastic voice) after another titsout shot 🤣

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                    after another titsout shot ��
                    No wonder people are saying they enjoy this show.

Comment

I gave up watching this after 5 or 6 episodes. I thought the production quality was decent enough, but the lead character is very two-dimensional, and the rest of the cast are like actors from Xena/Hercules, so not the best talent. It's all very B-movie, second rate stuff, but in a boring not charming way.

When LOTR and Game of Thrones have set new, really high standards for the fantasy genre, I don't know why Netflix decided to adapt something that is a clear level below that standard. I wish they had been more ambitious and created something more intelligent and high grade than what The Witcher offers.

Of course, if this were the 90s, before LOTR and GoT, The Witcher would have looked good next to Xena and Hercules etc.. But within a modern context it's frustratingly low grade and charmless. Its the lack of charm that really put me off. Why are all the main characters so unlikeable? What a dull bunch.

Comment

some of the stories in the books and game are pretty grim and very memorable, certain areas and missions really stuck with me long after i finished playing. I don't think its the source material more how they have adapted it. Also I'm gonna have to call you out on Lord of the rings, bits of it are fantastic like the Mines of Moria, and then theirs bits like the ring wrath saying no man can kill me and the "i am no man" Lines. the whole triliogy is full of some of the most cringey lines and dragged out dialogue and is full of scenes where stuff stops around the main cast so they can deliver quips and one liners.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                          I gave up watching this after 5 or 6 episodes. I thought the production quality was decent enough, but the lead character is very two-dimensional, and the rest of the cast are like actors from Xena/Hercules, so not the best talent. It's all very B-movie, second rate stuff, but in a boring not charming way.

When LOTR and Game of Thrones have set new, really high standards for the fantasy genre, I don't know why Netflix decided to adapt something that is a clear level below that standard. I wish they had been more ambitious and created something more intelligent and high grade than what The Witcher offers.

Of course, if this were the 90s, before LOTR and GoT, The Witcher would have looked good next to Xena and Hercules etc.. But within a modern context it's frustratingly low grade and charmless. Its the lack of charm that really put me off. Why are all the main characters so unlikeable? What a dull bunch.
                          Xena and hercules? Are you kidding or just need some new glasses?

Comment

Let's be honest, Xena is still the benchmark for fantasy series. Look inside, you know it to be true.

Comment

Late to the party, but started this on Saturday morning and I'm up to episode 6 now. Much better than I expected - all three central characters are great, and I've really enjoyed the writing and plot (and monsters) in each episode. The timeline has been a bit odd, and even now I'm asking myself 'So did this happen before the first episode, or after?'; but I've loved every minute of it.

Comment

The Witcher: Season 04 has been greenlit but... Henry Cavill will be leaving the series and Geralt has been recast with Liam Hemsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X