File transfer problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

File transfer problem

Hope someone can help with this, I'm backing up files, then deleting them with windows 10, but after that some of them reappear, with a different size and corrupted after deletion. Is windows causing this because I doubt it's the drive. Previously when I copied files it would say it was done, but the files were corrupted too. Never had this happen before?

Is the hard drive alright? I've run a chkdsk just to be sure.
    Also, when you say transfer file, what do you exactly do? Internal drive to internal drive? Internal drive to USB? Does device manager show any irregularities? Do you have anti-viruses or other programs that might interfere with transfer and deletion actions?

Comment

Thanks for replying. By transfer I meant backing up from internal to external drive, but the problem can happen when just deleting the internal drive after. No programs that would prevent this process. Haven't run chkdsk.

Comment

Is the backup procedure manual via a dedicated software such as Acronis? You can also try to start in safe mode, or even with a DOS/Linux boot disc, and see if there are any programs interfering with these procedures.

Comment

Thanks for your time, I've used standard windows explorer as well as back up software. This problem is just bizarre.

Comment

Working...
          X