Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

240p/480i switching on OSSC

Hi all,

Love the OSSC but have a query. On the N64 it's been great, however on Killer Instinct when the switch from the 480i menu to 240p in-game action occurs the delay caused by the resolution switch means you lose the first few seconds of the match and inevitably get beaten up. Is there a work around for, whenever it switches between 240 and 480? Wasn't sure if it was just that my old Plasma takes a while to key back in, as it were, but assume this happens regardless of TV set.

Cheers
    Last edited by Escape-To-88; 12-01-2020, 14:08.
    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Nah it's not just your plasma sadly both the ossc & framemeister have this problem in fact the framemerister is even slower at resolution switching. There is no way around it either that i have found which is why i no longer use it when playing music games.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
      Nah it's not just your plasma sadly both the ossc & framemeister have this problem in fact the framemerister is even slower at resolution switching. There is no way around it either that i have found which is why i no longer use it when playing music games.
      Cheers for the clarification. It's more if a mild annoyance than a serious issue so can live with that and Killer Instinct on the N64 is hardly a triple A game. Was thinking of offloading my PVMs but might keep a CRT around for a bit longer then.

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
        Hi all,

Love the OSSC but have a query. On the N64 it's been great, however on Killer Instinct when the switch from the 480i menu to 240p in-game action occurs the delay caused by the resolution switch means you lose the first few seconds of the match and inevitably get beaten up. Is there a work around for, whenever it switches between 240 and 480? Wasn't sure if it was just that my old Plasma takes a while to key back in, as it were, but assume this happens regardless of TV set.

Cheers
        Seem importaku hasn't played around with his OSSC enough.

Best way round the issue is to set, all the resolution type the game uses in the OSSC to the same output. For example for this Virtua Fighter 2 video I set x2 line (bob) for 480i content and for 240p content used x2 line, which pretty much got rid of the screen downtime, so was able to capture the game without issue.

VF2 changes between in-game and the menus, so on a wrong set up the delay will be so long you will miss the start of the fight. It does alter a bit between TVs as well some handle the change quicker than others. Passthrough on Saturn took longer I seem to recall than Bob, but have a play and see what works best for you and your TV.

Not sure if the OSSC remembers the settings while switched on as the first changes seems to take longer, than later ones I found.

It is a flaw of the system, but with the right set up the OSSC can heavily reduce the down time. Not sure much can be done for the FM.
        Last edited by S3M; 12-01-2020, 19:19.

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post

Best way round the issue is to set, all the resolution type the game uses in the OSSC to the same output. For example for this Virtua Fighter 2 video I set x2 line (bob) for 480i content and for 240p content used x2 line, which pretty much got rid of the screen downtime, so was able to capture the game without issue.

VF2 changes between in-game and the menus, so on a wrong set up the delay will be so long you will miss the start of the fight. It does alter a bit between TVs as well some handle the change quicker than others. Passthrough on Saturn took longer I seem to recall than Bob, but have a play and see what works best for you and your TV.

Not sure if the OSSC remembers the settings while switched on as the first changes seems to take longer, than later ones I found.

It is a flaw of the system, but with the right set up the OSSC can heavily reduce the down time. Not sure much can be done for the FM.
          Cheers buddy, will give it a shot this week.

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post

Sorry to resurrect this thread but I got an OSSC yesterday and on playing VF2 I see a lot of shimmering.

Watching this video I feel like the shimmering is much less and wondered what you’d done to get rid of it?

Comment

Working...
            X