Survival game recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Survival game recommendations?

I discovered this genre is something i totally love but i'm finding it hard to find more games of this style to play i totally absorbed myself in subnautica and it was like nothing i had played before and i discovered that survival and crafting are mechanics that really click for me however i have totally 100% done that one now. No mans sky i still play a lot but i'm looking for more games on PS4 that are similar to these two.

Are there any other similar survival games that are good as the 2 above? Preferably physical games but if cheap enough i may go digital.

Prefer stuff that is exploration and adventure rather than some fps that is disguised as a survival game. So far the only one i stumbled across is alien isolation as it has crafting elements but also looks pant wettingly scary, it's cheap enough so i'm gonna get that one next but i'd love to get some more to work through. Online searching is coming up with nothing of use, would prefer to get recommendations from stuff people had actually played & enjoyed.

On PS4 my game knowledge is severely lacking i have no idea whats out there.

Frostpunk is city survival? Also theHunter is great for exploration and adventure.

Comment

No Man's Sky, in VR, is like being in your own personal Sci-Fi survival adventure film.

Comment

Day Z

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
          Day Z
          Day Z

Give me your answer, do.

Comment

Admittedly I have actually played very little of it but I got The Long Dark and, from what little I have played, it seems like your kind of thing. Worth looking up and seeing if it ticks your boxes.

Comment

Also minecraft

Comment

I think I had a slightly different interpretation of what makes a survival game... would Don't Starve fall into this, or not?

Comment

How about The Long Dark? Had it on my Steam account for a while but yet to try it, gets a lot of good feedback though. Just searched and seems it's on PS4 as well:

Edit: Just noticed Dogg Thang posted the same suggestion, whoops.
                  Last edited by Hohum; 13-01-2020, 21:15.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                    I think I had a slightly different interpretation of what makes a survival game... would Don't Starve fall into this, or not?
                    Yeah that is a survival game Fuse, i was looking for games that are mainly in first person view. It's part of the reason subnautica and no mans sky pulled me in as hard as they did.

Some great suggestions so far i'm having a look at them on youtube, i can see a few potential purchases.

Comment

I would also say DayZ, but it's back up to full price and I don't think I can recommend what could be Marmitey for someone.

I'm really enjoying it. I posted my views in the First Play thread recently.

Comment

Day Z seems intriguing but i think that one requires online so it's not playable for me as im not a paid member. My first purchase was the long dark it seems exactly my kind of game. Have a feeling it's going to last me a long time.

Comment

I was going to suggest Don't Starve.
                          I've read some good things about Oxygen Not Included as well.

Comment

Does Outer Wilds count as a survival game?

Comment

I'd concur with Don't Starve and The Long Dark.

Also worth a look:

This War of Mine
                              Rimworld
                              Neo Scavenger

Although I think only This War of Mine is available on console, but Neo Scavenger will run on any potato PC
                              Last edited by MartyG; 20-01-2020, 15:55.

Comment

Working...
                              X