Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HDMI switch help needed

Hey all,

I now have too many sources & not enough HDMI inputs on the Telly & Soundbar so a switch is required
    I've been looking & have seen these on Amazon.
    Both do what I need (4K / 3D etc.) But just wondered if anyone has any input on others or which would be best

Thanks

Neil

The Amazon Basics one is just £17 so I'd go with that. They all do the same thing (basically), but I had a Kinivo something once that would't recognize my GameCube HDMI adapter, while my other HDMI switch would, so just connect everything you need and return it if there's something it won't recognize.

Comment

Just bear in mind that most HDMI switches/splitters don't work with the PS3, and maybe the PS4 though I'm not 100% certain about that. They either need to go directly into the TV, or you can get slightly dodgy splitters that strip out the copy protection, but I think you lose things like the TV turning to HDMI when you switch on the consoles.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
        Just bear in mind that most HDMI switches/splitters don't work with the PS3, and maybe the PS4 though I'm not 100% certain about that.
        You mean due to HDCP? Never had any problems with the PS3 due to that, even with a number of splitters that remove HDCP.
        Any decent switch won't have any problem in passing the HDCP signal between TV and inputs.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys
          [MENTION=15230]Nico87[/MENTION] just been looking at the Amazon basics one but I can't see if it lists it as 4K 60 or not
          That was one of the reasons I was looking at the ones I linked because I knew they covered the 60 option as the TV can do 4K 60 I wanted to have it covered in the switcher too

Thanks again guys

Neil

Comment

Bumping this as I’m looking at something similar for myself for an office setup. How did you get on after all of this, [MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION] ? I note every one I’m looking at comes with a remote, but do any auto switch?

Comment

I have a couple of these - https://www.argos.co.uk/product/9179262

They are very compact and passive so no external PSU. Auto switches and comes with a remote. Despite what the box states they max out at 1080p.

Comment

My main beef with those guys is that I’d need an extra port or two! Is there anything else to take into consideration re: passive / powered?

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                  Bumping this as I’m looking at something similar for myself for an office setup. How did you get on after all of this, [MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION] ? I note every one I’m looking at comes with a remote, but do any auto switch?
                  I actually ended up with one of these

It's perfect for what I needed
                  Handles 4K perfect but see you need more ports so probably not so good...plus being out of stock doesn't really help you either

Anywho it does auto switch so no need to worry about the remote
                  It's also powered but just by a standard USB charge cable so you can power it from a USB on the telly for example

But I think more or less anything you find will do a good enough job

Neil

Comment

Working...
                  X