Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your favourite sources of gaming news?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by importaku View Post
    I don’t use any of them all are infested with sjw crap from people that know **** all about gaming. If I want info I just get it from the devs website.
    Do you actually do this? I'd consider a good social media presence quite rare among smaller devs, and I'd definitely expect that to be a higher priority than actually trying to update a 'normal' website on the regular. Not to mention the difficulty of trying to monitor so many different places!

re: other sites, I do think it's a good thing that there's now more questions being asked about what happens in the game industry. I don't look to every single site for hardcore, detailed info on complex topics where I already feel like I know a bunch, but at least rather than just being another mouthpiece for minutely-altered PR statements about how game X is great and how you should pre-order it, having places doing actual investigative journalism into working conditions in the industry and so on are pretty valuable in my eye.

Comment

Yeah, what I tend to look for is more the quality editorial side of things - or simply things which are entertaining and well written - rather than straight news. I mean honestly most of the time with news stories, you get the key information from the headline. So in retrospect, I probably should have used the word 'editorial' or 'articles' instead of 'news' for this thread tbh.

Another place that I've enjoyed is Glixel, which used to be Rolling Stone's games bit, but is now at Variety. They do some good interviews on there. There was a cracking one with Hideo Kojima a while back.

I also keep an eye on Simon Parkin's reviews in the Guardian. It's well written stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
        Bordersdown
        Yeah, I get most of my news from Super Crazy Neon Man Taxi Ignition Falls Next!

Comment

Bordersdown
          Me too.

I used to frequent Insert Credit but that wasn't so much a news site.

Comment

Back in my day we used Teletext!

Comment

Back in my day we used Teletext!
              Keep away from my bins.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                Do you actually do this? I'd consider a good social media presence quite rare among smaller devs, and I'd definitely expect that to be a higher priority than actually trying to update a 'normal' website on the regular. Not to mention the difficulty of trying to monitor so many different places!

re: other sites, I do think it's a good thing that there's now more questions being asked about what happens in the game industry. I don't look to every single site for hardcore, detailed info on complex topics where I already feel like I know a bunch, but at least rather than just being another mouthpiece for minutely-altered PR statements about how game X is great and how you should pre-order it, having places doing actual investigative journalism into working conditions in the industry and so on are pretty valuable in my eye.
                I have been doing just that since the wii & ds days, mainly for japanese games to be honest. If there's a title im interested in there is usually a website up for it, for western stuff i rarely find out about it till release then i look at game covers on amazon & then google the info and see if there's a dev website for it or just look on youtube for a trailer. Thats how most of my games end up been bought.

Comment

Eurogamer is a site I check every day.

Here is my Google Chrome homepage and I'll look at RLLMUK too.

Comment

Siliconera, Gematsu, Niche Gamer, Game*Spark, 4gamer, Eurogamer.

Comment

I just look at the thread titles (without opening the threads) on neogaf and resetera. It used to be here as well, but there are so few users now that it isn't a good news source any more.

Comment

I do on occasions that I remember them throw a glancing eye at Polygon and NeoGaf but I'll more commonly look at Eurogamer though mostly for the Digital Foundry content than anything else as most of the time they seem to get most of their news from reading ResetEra.

So, most of it comes from ResetEra. Usually from the OP threads that pop up because they're quite quick with stuff regardless of the discussions that sometimes follow.

Comment

If you want up to date news then unfortunately you cant beat resetera now, god knows how many users on there and news is basically instant, just don't read the comments, its just cringe worthy what people on there say.

Otherwise NTSC-uk obviously.
                          Last edited by fishbowlhead; 29-01-2020, 14:08.

Comment

This place.

Or MetalJesusRocks and his pal Radical Reggie with his amazing "hidden PS1 gems" videos. Every one a gem.

Hmmmm.

Comment

Usually just wait for Vanpeebles to Email me and say "have you heard about this game".

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
                                Usually just wait for Vanpeebles to Email me and say "have you heard about this game".
                                "Have you heard about this gam"

Comment

Working...
                                X