Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arcade Stick Recommendations (PC, possibly Switch)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arcade Stick Recommendations (PC, possibly Switch)

Hi all,
    I'm after recommendations for a decent arcade stick (or two). Was going to build my own using a spare Astro panel I have, but at the moment haven't got the time. I was thinking of something like: https://www.amazon.co.uk/HORI-Real-A...0299266&sr=8-6, but have no idea if these Hori 'Real Arcade Pro' lines are any good. Will be primarily for PC, and possibly Switch, although the latter is not a necessity.

Cheers
    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

I have two of those sticks, one unmodded for the PS4, and a modded one for the Switch.

They are solidly built as you would expect from Hori, the buttons are OK but a tad on the soft side. The stick on the PS4 model is silent, and I never gor used to it; the Switch model has audible clicks and feels a tad more responsive too...but it might be a purely psicological response.

However both sticks are way too loose for my tastes, they might be good for people that have never used a stick, but if ever used Sanwa or Seimitsu sticks, the difference is like night and day. That's why I modded the Switch model, also use buttons with the appropriate (=SFC/PAL SNES) colour scheme.

Both sticks have legs pads underneat so you won't feel the stick's metal backplate, and this a very personal preference...for me they trap too much warm air, and you might get uncomfortable after a while. The pads are easily removed.

Comment

While still better than most, in my mind at least, the RAP brand has taken a bit of a hit over the years as they've quietly pushed more to using their own sticks and buttons, even though their newer sticks and buttons are certainly better than they were pre-Hayabusa parts. Given how saturated it was at one point with there being actual choice between 360 and PS3 sticks, all with nice Sanwa parts, it's a pain that they're back to being quite uncommon in readily-available stores and at sensible prices.

Comment

I bought a Mayflash F500 Elite late last year and am really happy with it. It's got Sanwa stick and buttons and is easily modified/customised, if that's your thing. It's a universal stick so can be used across multiple platforms (I'm using mine on PS4 and X360).

Comment

I've given the Switch RAP a go. Should arrive tomorrow so I'll see what the dillio is with that. Thought might be nice to give Hayabusa parts a whirl. Not a fan of Seimitsu, so hoping they don't feel like that.
          Last edited by Escape-To-88; 30-01-2020, 22:41.
          3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Working...
          X