Lethal Weapon 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lethal Weapon 5

While it's unlikely they'll be handcuffing people and jumping off buildings, the producer of the planned final movie in the Lethal Weapon series has revealed that Mel Gibson and Danny Glover are on board.

Well, the impact of Bad Boys 3 doing well is clearly starting to be felt. Not content with Beverly Hills Cop 4 being in the works the Producer of the LW franchise has confirmed that Donner, Glover and Gibson are on board for Lethal Weapon 5 with a storyline set just needing the script to be put in place. The film will act as a franchise closer.

Lethal Weapon 5 - Pension day.

Synopsis

Riggs and Murtaugh arrive at the pensions building clutching their zimmer frames. Somethings not right, there are steps and no Stannah Stairlift.

Riggs and Murtaugh realise the building has been taken over be right wing extremists, who are trying to eliminate the less desirable members of society, like the handicap ex-cops they've become through many years of needless stunts when they could have just waited for backup.

Riggs and Murtaugh vow they're going to bring justice back to the city and get that wheelchair ramp returned, not just to the pensions building, but to all government offices, even if that means fighting the very system they once defended.

It's time to register that colostomy bag as a lethal weapon.

---------------

Murtaugh (not the actor) was 50 in the original LW in 1987 making Murtaugh 83 now (Glover is 73) and probably 85+ when the film finally comes out. Riggs was born on October 16, 1949 - so he'd currently be 71 (Gibson is 64 and hates Jews)
    Last edited by MartyG; 29-01-2020, 19:15.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      The film will act as a franchise closer.
      On the provision that everybody agrees to act like LW4 never existed?

Comment

I get why fans struggle with LW4 but personally it's the entry I'm most likely to rewatch thanks to the humour and stunts. LW2, now that's the clanger of the franchise for me.

Comment

I saw it at the flicks back in the day but it must've been so unmemorable I've forgotten Lethal Weapon 4 ever even existed!!!!!

I think they should turn it gritty again and make it a 'hard 18'.

But they won't. It'll be a '12' and they'll be lining Mel up for grandpa parts in Disney films.

Comment

1998 wasn't the best year. I know Resi 2 came out but in general, as a year, it was bland and directionless and all horror movies looked and felt like I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER.

Even Father Ted died. Wack year.

Comment

1999. THE MATRIX. FIGHT CLUB. DEUCE BIGALOW: MALE GIGOLO.

(I rest my case).

Comment

73-year-old actor Danny Glover has given an update on a potential revival of the “Lethal Weapon” film franchise. Created by Shane Black and directed by Richard Donner, the 1987 original followed beleaguered veteran detective Roger Murtaugh (Glover) as he is partnered with reckless and PTSD-afflicted Martin Riggs (Mel Gibson). The buddy action received rave reviews […]

Glover says the last update chat on the fifth film was in January and things were shaping up for a closer that fit around the modern way of the world though that may have changed given recent events

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                  https://www.darkhorizons.com/glover-...weapon-update/
                  Glover says the last update chat on the fifth film was in January and things were shaping up for a closer that fit around the modern way of the world though that may have changed given recent events
                  Yeah, they need to shelve the **** out of this right now. A pair of cops who don't follow the rules? Not very 2020.

Comment

Surely a pair of cops not following the rules... would make them support minorities?

So yeah, not very 2020

Comment

Tbh, I'd like this to happen so Gibson and Glover get one big, final Hollywood megabucks$z payout for their absolutely awesome services to CINEMA over the last four or so decades.

They are both bloody GIANTS and 100% fully deserve the wonga!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

(I won't be seeing it at the flicks, mind. Because I know it will probably be 12-rated, anodyne popcorn fodder).

But at least they'll be getting proper wong.

Comment

I can imagine how knackered Glover will look. Putting aside all the issues with Gibson he could definitely still pull off playing Riggs one more time though and I'd definitely be happy to watch a closing entry even though the ending to LW4 was fitting enough too.

Comment

Once again, filmmaker Richard Donner has indicated that he intends to a direct a fifth film in the “Lethal Weapon” franchise. As part of a recent interview with The Telegraph, the 90-year-old Donner says it will be Riggs and Murtaugh’s final outing, and he’s keen to get to work on it: “This is the final […]

90 year old Richard Donner says the fifth film is still on the way and he himself will again direct saying this one is explicitly written to be the final entry.

Comment

The move comes after the project was put in limbo when director Richard Donner, who'd helmed all the 'Weapon' movies since their inception in 1987, died in July.

Following Donner's death, Mel Gibson has confirmed that the final Lethal Weapon film will still be made and that he will direct it himself

Comment

Working...
                              X