This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Protocol Penguin View Post
    You mates are just gutter racists, then.
    Don't doubt that for a second

Luckily have practically nothing to do with them these days
    Apart from bumping into them on shopping trips I barely ever see them anymore

Comment

I trust all the "leave"-ers have already left the forum?

Comment

It’s going to take a lot of crap deals, shafted employment rights, and damage to society before Billy Brexit will admit that going it alone is at odds with the super-trading bloc mentality of the modern world.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
          Not sure about the forum, but a good chunk of leave voters were 60+ and lots of those are dying at the moment.

Another 357 have joined the bleedin' choir invisible.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
            No, just quiet after seeing the current **** show.

"We didn't vote for this!"

Yes you bloody did.

Comment

The R number in the West of England rises up to tip over 1.

Leading to calls for local lockdowns for those regions unless key workers or eye testing

Comment

Got people losing their **** on FaceBook over that Edward Colston statue being pulled down. Dude was a slave trader, Bristol should have taken it down years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                  https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-may-ons-finds
                  The R number in the West of England rises up to tip over 1.

Leading to calls for local lockdowns for those regions unless key workers or eye testing
                  My son (Year 6) was due to go back into school tomorrow. The NW goes over 1 for the R rate. Received a letter from school today saying it’s staying closed for another 2 weeks. Sigh. There has also been a BLM march in Chester today (as well as across the country), which is where I live. Imagine that’s not going to help with keeping the infection rate down. School actually finishes on 17th July, so I won’t be surprised if my son never makes it back to primary school.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                    Got people losing their **** on FaceBook over that Edward Colston statue being pulled down. Dude was a slave trader, Bristol should have taken it down years ago.
                    Richard Herring absolutely owning these idiots on twitter!

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                      Richard Herring absolutely owning these idiots on twitter!
                      Good to see, people are really getting bent out of shape over this and the protests.

I replied to a few on FaceBook and the defence was all variations of, "its history, we can't change the past", as if being aware of your history means you have to honour and memorialise the worst aspects of it, and faux concern for the protestors getting hurt by the very statue they were pulling down.

They just don't care, ultimately.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                        Yeah; what's worse is apparently the plinth said something like "favoured son by the people of Bristol" or something on it.

I don't want to erase history. I want the opposite. I want people to be very aware of history. But the history of slavery belongs in a museum, not venerated on a plinth!

Comment

Yep. And it seems like chucking him into the water has done more to educate people about the history than having him up on that plinth so job done,

Comment

Several casual racists in my facebook that are friends in real life (they may not even realise, but I knew they would be sharing casually racist stuff). Today was a picture of an anti-racism rally with words about how natural selection will get them via covid. Casually racist because natural selection improves the gene pool.

Comment

Global COVID deaths passes 400,000, cases approach 7m with US cases alone about to hit 2m and Brazil goes dark and removes all numbers of the number of infected and deaths.

Additional today:

-Heathrow Airport may cut 25,000 jobs
                              -NI and Scotland recorded no new deaths for the first time but that will likely be undone at a later date given how poor the reliability of UK figures is
                              -A new study projects that the actual UK COVID death tally will reach 59,000 by the end of this month with over half of that figure coming from heavily hit and poorly supported care homes

And Medical Chiefs have told Johnson to abandon political rhetoric and to start talking to the public in realistic terms as well as to start coming up for a workable strategy to deal with the Second Wave of Coronavirus

Comment

I had no idea there was a statue to a slaver up in Bristol. Did some reading to change that. Lots of other dubious statues about too...

It shouldn't have been up in this day and age. (Or ever really...different times, different standards...what will be said of us in 200 years...if we make it that far...)

But mob mentality has no place in this day and age either. (Or ever really...yadda yadda...)

Edit

To clarify, this is a more general moan.

I just don't recall a time where we've been so disjointed as a people, global people. Not just the obvious open long standing human divisions, but all the undercurrents of nastiness throughout.

The pathetic, the apathetic alike.

If we can't move beyond all that crap, George Floyd's will continue, ****arse statue sideshows of bollox will continue, and we will fail at the stuff that matters to us as a species, as we are doing right now.

**** this ****ing ****fest.
                                Last edited by wheelaa; 08-06-2020, 14:41. Reason: Bollox

Comment

Working...
                                X