Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's fine - we just need Bill Rizer fighting the contravirus.

Worrying about a downturning economy no longer applies to the UK because Brexit.

Comment

Currently getting something CE certified. In a few months I'll have to get it UKAC (UK's version of CE) certified as well because CE certification won't mean crap in the UK. Twice the work. More than that in fact because the components I'm assembling will already have CE certification but there's no way the makers will go for UKAC cert so we'll have to do that ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        Put that together with the loss of access to EU support...
        And... https://www.screendaily.com/news/uk-...147707.article

"renewing membership of the next MEDIA programme, which runs 2021-2027, will not be part of the Brexit negotiations... As recently as last week the British Film Institute (BFI) had made it clear the UK remaining as part of Creative Europe was one of its main strategic priorities post-Brexit."

Basically even if there is a deal (and obvs that's a big if), the UK media industry is essentially facing a No Deal Brexit regardless. They aren't even trying to retain membership to the EU support programmes and, along with that, presumably all the co-production deals that have been put in place over the last 20 years with countries around the world.
        Last edited by Dogg Thang; 28-02-2020, 14:16.

Comment

The idea of Brexit was to create LESS jobs right? Cool just checking, worked then.

Comment

World's turning into populist fascist take on Raccoon City, but...Boris is having a bairn! All over the papers! Street party, get the union jack bunting out!
            Last edited by Golgo; 01-03-2020, 10:34.

Comment

Wales' Brexit minister presses for clarity from the UK government on how EU cash will be replaced.

Pretty obvious how this is going to go but hey, Turkeys voted for Christmas Wales voted Leave and all that.

Will O'Dee Peeple, innit?
              Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 02-03-2020, 10:00.

Comment

"Tory MP says money could be better spent" (in London on coke and hookers)

Comment

There’s a reason Wales received so much EU funding and it’s simply that Westminster wouldn’t cough up. No way they’ll be stumping up now either. Especially after hard Brexit in June and spending on Covid19.

Comment

As a Welshman (in 'professional' exile in the Midlands) I find all this grimly hilarious. Driving down through the new heads of the valleys roads over the years - which has been a massive infrastructural investment - I was always struck by the amount of billboards proudly proclaiming it was EU funded. My benighted compatriots ignored this, however, and deserve now to be flushed down this Brexit khazi of their own making. **** them/us.

Comment

This is an old article but...
                      No deal = recession, recession = more money for the rich.

Richest 1,000 families control total of £547bn, rising by more than 112% since 2009, and own more than poorest 40% of British households

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                        This is an old article but...
                        No deal = recession, recession = more money for the rich.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...h-since-crisis
                        And the narrative is already been prepped to blame the EU for rightly not caving in to Government demands and remainers for not being supportive enough.
                        Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 02-03-2020, 22:00.

Comment

It’s time for the country to heal...

Comment

...over, like a festering, pus-oozing scab?

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                              It’s time for the country to heal...

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                                And the narrative is already been prepped to blame the EU for rightly not caving in to Government demands and remainers for not being supportive enough.
                                I'll support this in the same way I support promoting serial killing and trimming toe nails with axes.

Comment

Working...
                                X