Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you want to return to working in your office?

Comment

New stats from the ONC https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...ilot/28may2020

What does this show us?

There are on average 54,000 new cases a week
      The R rate is between 0.7 and 1.0
      You are more than three times more likely to catch Covid-19 if you don't work from home
      7% of the country has antibodies

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
        Why would they announce something to go live on June 1st that isn't going to be ready until the end of the month at the earliest? Is there something in the news headlines they're trying to shift?
        It was because Johnson keeps getting bent over the dispatch box in PMQs by Kier Starmer so much its embarrassing. So in the last one he blurted out that "world beating" June 1st promise to try to put Starmer off his stroke. It was obviously a lie the moment it was uttered.

Comment

And here I was thinking it was just to try and get Cumgate off the headlines

Comment

And here I was thinking it was just to try and get Cumgate off the headlines
            Oh this fiasco has to be called Cumgate. Please!

Comment

Johnson has announced in the daily briefing that six people can meet in their gardens from Monday. Then Vallance gave the figures I posted above earlier on, which I'd say contradict what Johnson is saying. If those figures are about right, to achieve herd immunity, another 300,000-400.000 people would need to die (based on the current death rates) and given the R0 is still hovering around 1, it's not going to take many meetings of six people in their gardens for it to go exponential again.

I can't help but think this is being done, not because we're ready to do so, but because it gets Cumgate out of the headlines.

Yes we are calling it that.

Comment

Just checked my backyard, so long as someone is prepared to sit in one of my trees, I can just about manage 6 people from different households in the garden with social distancing.

Comment

Just checked my backyard, so long as someone is prepared to sit in one of my trees, I can just about manage 6 people from different households in the garden with social distancing.
                  Hahaaa!

Comment

It's a very short drive to do the child run for us, maybe five minutes tops, and today it was clear in that brief drive that all bets are now off. After weeks of nothing I saw at least 6-8 households with friends or relatives visiting and absolutely zero social distancing taking place. Post-Cumgate it's clear that a significant number of people actually believe the lockdown and Coronavirus are over.

Comment

Bootsales are going to be allowed to open again? The usually hot places that are super crowded and cramped where cash is constantly exchanged?

What could possibly go wrong.

I love a bootsale but this is absolutely retarded.

Comment

If this is true then hardly surprising care homes were so badly affected:

Data shows NHS and councils block booked beds in care homes to ensure they were ready to deal with a surge in patients coming from hospital. | ITV National News

Comment

Originally posted by Hohum View Post
                          If this is true then hardly surprising care homes were so badly affected:

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-05-28/...s-coronavirus/
                          It's the same approach Italian authorities took, and it's a sound decision. If you don't mind having military trucks ferrying victim corpses, that is.

Comment

Great idea, if you don't want those old people to survive.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                              Great idea, if you don't want those old people to survive.
                              Well that's one solution to Brexit making it harder to recruit staff for care homes.

All we need now is some virus to kill off all the fruit.

Comment

Sunak announces that the furlow scheme will end in October, whilst wearing his nice suit put on in his nice house paid for by his nice job, slowly tappering off the levels of support from the end of July.

The reduction is quite shallow until October when it goes from 60% to nothing. Whilst I appreciate the scheme cannot go on forever and that it is a generous hand out I never thought I'd see the Tories provide, I seriously doubt that the country is going to back in the position of normality come the beginning of November, not unless an vacination is availalbe by then (it won't be), so killing it off from such a high level to nothing will cause problems and hardships.

With it ending so abrubtly there will inevitably be large layoffs and rises in unemployment which will bring its own problems of unpaid debt and reposessions. Still, at least there will be some cheap houses to buy up for the monied to add to their portfolios and rent out, so silver linings and all that

Last edited by MartyG; 29-05-2020, 17:12.

Comment

Working...
                                X