Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another problem I have with this is that we want a points based system like Australia...except Australia offers reasons to live there...like the weather, the wages and the welcoming nature of the people. All of which the UK lacks.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
        Anyone wanting to come to the UK to work must have a job offer with a salary threshold of £25,600 – though a salary “floor” of £20,480 will be acceptable in special cases where there might have a skills shortage skills, such as in nursing.

This is the biggest load of bull****. Job worth is not directly linked to wages. Cleaners, shopworkers and careworkers all earn less than this but its still a role that needs filling. Maybe they assume UK workers will fill the gap, but with the increase in 'working poor' its almost pointless for someone to take these jobs so they'll have no inclination to do so.
        Sovereignty, innit?

WILL 'O DEE PEEPLE!!!

Comment

Sale of wet wood (oh matron!) and coal for domestic fireplaces is to be banned by 2023

Comment

Those last two comments, both with a Kenneth Williams connection

Yes because banning us from selling coal for home use will magically improve the air. Do you know anyone with a proper fire like that? I know one guy, and he lives in darkest Devon. And he's Finnish so... yeah heh.
            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
              Those last two comments, both with a Kenneth Williams connection

Yes because banning us from selling coal for home use will magically improve the air. Do you know anyone with a proper fire like that? I know one guy, and he lives in darkest Devon. And he's Finnish so... yeah heh.
              Until 6 months ago I burned wood to heat my house. As did my girlfriend (different house). Not wet wood of course, we'd dry it out first. But, it's cheaper to buy it wet.

Comment

France says it won't agree to a poor EU trade deal for the UK just to please Johnson further helping him cement his agenda for No Deal

Comment

I think this could be paywalled but already a US trade group which includes all the big US media players are pushing for a larger presence in the UK as part of new trade agreements. Basically what this is taken to mean is a removal of quotas relating to UK broadcasters needing to support UK productions. Put that together with the loss of access to EU support and a greater difficulty putting together co-productions due to Brexit and it would pretty much cripple the UK TV business if it happened - https://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/broad...147628.article

Of course the entire UK TV and film industry warned people about all this before the referendum.

Comment

What's all this if business?

Comment

It's February but Johnson is already signalling how confident he is in the sheer stupidity of the British voting public that he's already earmarking June for the not-at-all-always-the-plan walk away from negotiations to damn the UK to No Deal. Despite still having sod all mandate for No Deal his corrupt plan continues to roll forward

Comment

Aside him and his party banging on the political drum that the evil EU didn't bargain with the proud and patrioc British PM, how will Boris benefit from a No Deal? I'm quite removed from UK politics but I can't really see how this will benefit the UK at all.

Comment

Mostly the speculation is that Johnson's backers etc will all financially benefot from hedge funds and investments that will cash in if No Deal. Basically, they all make a mint on their private fortunes by selling the UK down the river.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                            Mostly the speculation is that Johnson's backers etc will all financially benefot from hedge funds and investments that will cash in if No Deal. Basically, they all make a mint on their private fortunes by selling the UK down the river.

And again, do i really need to say it?

Obviously they do.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                              The whole system of propping up parties with cash for government favors should be abolished likewise we seriously need to look at financial bias that puts individuals in government at odds with the things there voting on.

It's very rarely reported which company's individuals in government are tied up in. its almost expected for our Mps to have a financially bias and be removed from the issues of everyday life.

How can you identify with the general public's issues when your juggling your web of offshore accounts, your investments in emerging markets funds, or the backers your currently wooing for party contributions.

Comment

The 150 year old Crystal Palace Dinosaur Park goes onto the Heritage Risk list as its foundations begin to give in

And the global markets are starting to collapse, good job the UK has all those trade agreements... oh

Comment

Working...
                                X