This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post

Kier Starmer has fired Rebecca Long-Bailey from the Shadow Cabinet after she shared a story on Twitter about an antisemetic conspiracy theory
    I may be being stupid here but how is the said bat**** crazy paragraph antisemtic? is making out that the Israeli state armys use of deadly force to detain people antisemetic? surely that's attacking the running of the army not attacking a religion???
    Last edited by Lebowski; 25-06-2020, 15:41.

Comment

Opportune moment to get rid of Long-Bailey though.

Was looking at the TV schedules and I see the daily briefings have been replaced by Pointless.

Seems apt.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        Bournemouth
        https://magicseaweed.com/Live-Bournemouth-Webcam/16/

Folkestone:
        This moving webcam shows you a live 360-degree view around Folkestone Harbour, in Kent, South East England. The HD live streaming displays a magnificent panorama and close-ups around the lively seafront of Folkestone! It displays the seaside houses and establishments, the d...

Deal:
        Check out this postcard-perfect spot with our webcam in Deal, Kent County! Enjoy this spectacular waterfront and pier view of this picturesque UK town.

Brighton:
        Watch our Brighton webcam overlooking the Brighton Pier! Follow the city's major events and explore our free HD cams in the UK.

https://balticlivecam.com/cameras/un...righton-beach/
        Nice given they're video streams. Well, you don't have to watch for more than a few mins to see that social distancing simply doesn't exist. The stills aren't telling porkies and the second wave is coming.

Comment

Yep. The Bournemouth one is one I've had a little look at throughout the day. It wasn't too bad in the morning but the afternoon went ridiculous. It will be in a montage about a third of the way into the movie about covid.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
            Yep. The Bournemouth one is one I've had a little look at throughout the day. It wasn't too bad in the morning but the afternoon went ridiculous. It will be in a montage about a third of the way into the movie about covid.
            I'm seeing posts elsewhere as to it doesn't matter because "the whole thing is a fraud" and "people have had enough of law makers".

Maybe there are bots posting these things, but there does seem to be a degree of general sentiment in that direction. Recent polling showed that the majority agree with relaxing lockdown, despite the rate of infection still being at just below 1 in most areas of the country.

I've been away from work this week and avoiding the news mostly by visiting VR worlds instead - reading it again is just raising my hackles tbh.

Comment

I've heard the term 'post-covid' over the last couple of days too, rather than 'right-in-the-middle-of-this-pandemic-that's-about-to-kick-us-right-in-the-ass' which I think would be a somewhat more accurate term.

Comment

The BBC are saying a major incident has been declared in Bournemouth as police are stretched to the limit: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-53176717

Aside from people milling about as if nothing's wrong, they're dumping all their rubbish on the beach as well. Appalling and shameful behaviour from selfish ignorant morons.
                Last edited by Hohum; 25-06-2020, 16:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Hohum View Post
                  Aside from people milling about as if nothing's wrong, they're dumping all their rubbish on the beach as well. Appalling and shameful behaviour from selfish ignorant morons.
                  Yeah; this terrible in part because the councils have reduced collections/closed the loos due to COVID. Not the council's fault but it shows how some people just forget all decency the moment they lose a slight convenience.

Comment

Major incident at Dorset as 500,000 flock to coast.

A major incident was declared as half a million people converged on the Dorset coastline including Bournemouth beach on the hottest day of the year.

Comment

The Tories:

Comment

After another day stuck in a 100' lab in a labcoat and a suffocating mask processing endless streams of covid samples to come out and go home to see hundreds of selfish ***** and i do mean hundreds all packed into a tiny park on the edge of town shoulder to shoulder with no care at all to keeping everyone safe because oh no this might be my only summer chance to sunbathe. Not just Leeds either this will be all over UK this county is a joke, rotten to the core.

These are all the same clapping retards that pretend they give a toss about the NHS, until it doesn't directly impact on them then they go back to their selfish ways. It gotten to the point now where they can all just **** off and die, let the UK be purged of the population that can't even show a tiny shred of consideration the only ones left will be the lucky ones that have genetic immunity to it. Getting to the point i no longer care now about busting my ass trying to get as many samples done in a day i mean why bother nobody gives a toss why work myself to the bone for nothing.

As someone is slap bang on the front line having to deal with this **** every day since this started i'll tell you now that masks do work but they only work if everyone wears them it lowers the transmission risk considerably but if you are in the middle of a pile of selfish ***** without them on then you are screwed as they dont protect you unless it's a full on respirator. It's all or nothing or they don't work it's as simple as that. If there's droplets going around then it's better it lands on a layer between you and not right in your lungs. Lots of misinformation going around usually started by people trying to justify not having to wear them, fakebook & twatter full of them the same ones that screech about vaccinations.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                          It''s a minority view. Gupta believes in herd immunity and her modelling is based on the idea that as much as 50% of the UK has already been infected.
                          While I'm not at all sure about those figures some of what she and others like Karl Friston have said sounds very plausible. If the virus was in Europe as early as last November/December and for the majority causes no or mild symptoms akin to other common infections it could easily have passed through a lot of people unknowingly. I don't know how you can know anything like the true number of people infected so far without a reliable test for that on everybody. There was also an attempt to come up with reasons as to why there are such variations in severity between countries aside from policy. I still don't understand the Japan case. The oldest, most densely populated country has had so little of it.

Comment

Gupta's numbers don't stack up, it was based on early data from Italy https://www.bmj.com/content/368/bmj.m1216 - and as said, the vast majority disagree. Antibody testing in other parts of the world also show that her numbers are massively overestimated too, such as New York where the testing shows around 15% https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/23/n...s-test-ny.html

There's also no solid proof that this was circulating in Nov/Dec, this is yet more speculation from Gupta to back up her theory, although there's a very small spike in deaths in that period (200-300 higher than the five-year average), but we're currently seeing around that daily. It was higher than 2018-2019, but 2018 was a particularly low year: https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...017to2018final - https://conservativewoman.co.uk/covi...ality-figures/

Most scientists agree that we are a long, long way from herd immunity https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-immunity.html
                            Last edited by MartyG; 25-06-2020, 18:39.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                              I may be being stupid here but how is the said bat**** crazy paragraph antisemtic? is making out that the Israeli state armys use of deadly force to detain people antisemetic? surely that's attacking the running of the army not attacking a religion???
                              Because people conflate Israel with jews all the time and Labour have just spent the past several years engulfed in issues surrounding anti-semitism. Linking the death of George Floyd and other black people with Israel is imparting some of the responsibility on to them. Its bonkers. Why is that where her mind went to when discussing the centuries old brutality of American police against black people?

RLB was a fool for even thinking it was OK to retweet that, especially after the past few years. Imagine if she had won the leadership contest? The papers would have been having field day right now, and especially at the next election. It also would have helped to deflect attention from the Tories.

I'm glad she got sacked tbh. She's a liability.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                                After another day stuck in a 100' lab in a labcoat and a suffocating mask processing endless streams of covid samples to come out and go home to see hundreds of selfish ***** and i do mean hundreds all packed into a tiny park on the edge of town shoulder to shoulder with no care at all to keeping everyone safe because oh no this might be my only summer chance to sunbathe. Not just Leeds either this will be all over UK this county is a joke, rotten to the core.

These are all the same clapping retards that pretend they give a toss about the NHS, until it doesn't directly impact on them then they go back to their selfish ways. It gotten to the point now where they can all just **** off and die, let the UK be purged of the population that can't even show a tiny shred of consideration the only ones left will be the lucky ones that have genetic immunity to it. Getting to the point i no longer care now about busting my ass trying to get as many samples done in a day i mean why bother nobody gives a toss why work myself to the bone for nothing.

As someone is slap bang on the front line having to deal with this **** every day since this started i'll tell you now that masks do work but they only work if everyone wears them it lowers the transmission risk considerably but if you are in the middle of a pile of selfish ***** without them on then you are screwed as they dont protect you unless it's a full on respirator. It's all or nothing or they don't work it's as simple as that. If there's droplets going around then it's better it lands on a layer between you and not right in your lungs. Lots of misinformation going around usually started by people trying to justify not having to wear them, fakebook & twatter full of them the same ones that screech about vaccinations.
                                I'd love to tell you that the virus will wipe out all these retards that are completely destroying any good the lockdown has done thus far, but that would be a lie unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                                X