This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    I have my doubts about whether any of that happened.
    Seems absolutely plausable to me, given voting for Brexit wasn't based on reality and now reality has turned up in sharp focus.

Oh, and I'm guessing that we didn't extend the Brexit negotiations deadline yesterday so are well on the path to no deal given that was the last chance to do anything about it. I haven't looked, I just assumed the government stuck its head in the sand.

Originally posted by wheelaa View Post
    Edit - I should add that this list is just one of places where cases are rising, and is an oft-repeated list in various new outlets at present. I can find nothing official, so far, about any future lockdowns, and there are other areas where cases are increasing.
    Might just be easier to list those not having lockdowns in the future, it'll be shorter
    Last edited by MartyG; 01-07-2020, 15:51.

Comment

Oh, it certainly seems plausible. I imagine it's very true to a lot of people's views. I just think it's incredibly unlikely that what that guy is writing on his twitter account actually happened. The account has only existed since April, the guy has a stock image of some guy as his twitter pic, his bio lists him as an author of some books that I can't seem to find and, scrolling back through his timeline, I spotted a couple of other things in there that just seemed very unlikely. I think it's fiction.

Comment

I've no doubt there are actually people that stupid - Brexit's happening after all - but this is getting increasingly implausible the longer it goes on. The idiot son is getting the train to Paris tomorrow and going to Brussels to "sort it out" if need be. Come on...

Then, yeah, the stock photo, the fact that no one can find these books he's supposed to have written, etc. Strong chinny vibes.
        Last edited by endo; 01-07-2020, 16:59.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post

Might just be easier to list those not having lockdowns in the future, it'll be shorter
          Indeed.

Weekly PHE summary at https://assets.publishing.service.go...Report_w26.pdf for the figures fans.

I've seen several different lists of cases per 100k by LA, but the differing dates covered muddy the waters tremendously.

Edit - cases per 100k for the week ending 21 June (PHE figs), over 10 only.

Leicester 140.2
          Bradford 69.4
          Barnsley 54.7
          Rochdale 53.6
          Bedford 42.0
          Oldham 38.6
          Rotherham 33.6
          Tameside 33.3
          Blackburn with Darwen 32.9
          Kirklees 30.3
          Peterborough 27.9
          Luton 26.6
          Derby 24.5
          Hull 22.6
          Manchester 21.6
          Southend-on-Sea 20.8
          Leicestershire 20.8
          Sheffield 20.6
          Leeds 19.8
          Wirral 19.2
          Wakefield 18.6
          Stoke-on-Trent 18.0
          Doncaster 17.4
          Cheshire East 16.0
          Central Bedfordshire 15.9
          Bolton 15.8
          Lancashire 15.0
          Northamptonshire 14.9
          Stockton-on-Tees 14.7
          East Riding of Yorkshire 14.1
          North Yorkshire 13.8
          Shropshire 13.7
          Kent 13.5
          Slough 13.4
          Bury 13.2
          Nottinghamshire 12.6
          Calderdale 12.4
          Stockport 12.3
          Cheshire West & Chester 12.3
          Thurrock 12.2
          Milton Keynes 10.8
          Blackpool 10.8
          Nottingham 10.6
          Swindon 10.4
          Warwickshire 10.3
          Salford 10.2
          Trafford 10.2
          Last edited by wheelaa; 01-07-2020, 22:14.

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
            I've no doubt there are actually people that stupid - Brexit's happening after all - but this is getting increasingly implausible the longer it goes on. The idiot son is getting the train to Paris tomorrow and going to Brussels to "sort it out" if need be. Come on...

Then, yeah, the stock photo, the fact that no one can find these books he's supposed to have written, etc. Strong chinny vibes.
            Even if the actual account is fake, the narrative itself has a basis of reality. There are definitely people who thought that Brexit would just mean all the Johnny Foreigners would have to leave the UK whilst they could swan off to Spain and sit in the sun consequences free.

It's time to call a spade a spade now - I'm no longer prepared to pull my punches (not that I ever really did) on calling out the stupidity of Brexit which is becoming far clearer for everyone to see. The ignorance of a large portion on the UK is going to end up causing hardships for far more.
            Last edited by MartyG; 02-07-2020, 10:09.

Comment

Another outbreak in a food preparation factory: Walkers Crisps in Leicester. But the managers said they were confident they had it under control as they'd been using their own in-house track-and-trace system. What the flip?! Folks, we're being killed by food factories re-opening without getting their safety **** in order. Boycott Walkers Crisps, buy Golden Wonder!!!
              Last edited by Golgo; 02-07-2020, 09:42.

Comment

I hold Gary Lineker personally responsible.

Fascinating look at the whereabouts of some of the biggest spenders during the last election. Spoiler: most have disappeared.

Comment

Pubs can open from 6am tomorrow morning and the list of air corridor countries for the UK is:

Andorra
                  Germany
                  New Zealand
                  Antigua and Barbuda
                  Greece
                  Norway
                  Aruba
                  Greenland
                  Poland
                  Australia
                  Grenada
                  Réunion
                  Austria
                  Guadeloupe
                  San Marino
                  Bahamas
                  Hong Kong
                  Serbia
                  Barbados
                  Hungary
                  Seychelles
                  Belgium
                  Iceland
                  South Korea
                  Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba
                  Italy
                  Spain
                  Croatia
                  Jamaica
                  St Barthélemy
                  Curaçao
                  Japan
                  St Kitts and Nevis
                  Cyprus
                  Liechtenstein
                  St Lucia
                  Czech Republic
                  Lithuania
                  St Pierre and Miquelon
                  Denmark
                  Luxembourg
                  Switzerland
                  Dominica
                  Macau
                  Taiwan
                  Faroe Islands
                  Malta
                  Trinidad and Tobago
                  Fiji
                  Mauritius
                  Turkey
                  Finland
                  Monaco
                  Vatican City
                  France
                  Netherlands
                  Vietnam
                  French Polynesia
                  New Caledonia
                  The 14 British Overseas Territories will also be exempt.

Comment

Yep, every one of those countries has reason to worry about UK passengers bringing them covid spikes.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                      https://www.theguardian.com/politics...gland-Saturday
                      Pubs can open from 6am tomorrow morning
                      I can't get there til half past sadly.

Comment

Weirdest supermarket weekly shop yet today. No queues to get in and store very empty for a Friday afternoon. Short queue to get out but I was back home in an hour whereas it normally takes at least 90mins and early on when I was having to queue for 50mins just to get in the whole thing was taking over 2hrs door to door.

Roads only moderately busy for my part of London but pedestrians very thin on the ground.

Where has everybody gone? All back to work, if its still there perhaps? On holiday? On the beach? My theory is that its the schools still not going back that explains it. No parents walking or driving their little darlings to and from school, clogging up the roads and shops free of them and the older kids too. I almost can't remember the last time I saw anyone of obvious teenage years on the streets or anywhere else.

I like it.

Less people, less pollution, less noise, less crime.

Millennial parental paranoia keeping their kids at home and in check - the silver lining of the nasty Covid 19 cloud.

Comment

My local Tesco descend in to madness. Big long queue to get in... But then the lady waving people in had to go inside for something and everyone just started walking in. The instant there isn't control or rules people just lose their minds.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                            I can't get there til half past sadly.
                            Bloody lightweight!

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                              My local Tesco descend in to madness. Big long queue to get in... But then the lady waving people in had to go inside for something and everyone just started walking in. The instant there isn't control or rules people just lose their minds.
                              Obviously.

Comment

Nipped to Asda after work

01 - Third Petrol Price increase in a week
                                02 - Roads are the easily the busiest since March
                                03 - Store was like a preview of tomorrow onward, utter bedlam with one or two faded signs like a faint reminder a lockdown ever existed.

Due to the numbers of people in store staff were blatantly abandoning all of the previous social distancing systems as well as it moved past the point of being manageable. Swore blind that I'm doing our weekly shop at 7am from next week and will no longer go near the store outside of that. Second Wave is as inevitable now as the death it will bring.

Comment

Working...
                                X