This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

United Kingdom V: Son of a beach

Perfect GIF as it highlights both the more independent space the UK now operates in but also acknowledges our eventual submittal to our American overlords as Johnson eventually sells us out to Corrupt Trump.

Time for a new thread which amazingly times perfectly with the exact moment Brexit happens and as such the Europe title becomes United Kingdom as just as we break from the EU, the new title also signifies that break and how 99% of the news updates and discussion actually relates to the little Empire that could(n't).

Time to find out if it truly will be the End of Days, speaking of...

The Coronavirus has reached the UK with two confirmed cases

And the exiting British Ambassador for America has warned that Trump will insist on higher prices for the NHS in a trade deal

On a smaller note, the government has halted work on all Smart Motorways until a full review of them can be completed
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 31-07-2020, 10:59.

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post

And the exiting British Ambassador for America has warned that Trump will insist on higher prices for the NHS in a trade deal
    This is ultimately what everyone should be concerned about most from the US, US pharma getting their hand on the NHS. It will start with massively increased drug prices, then loans to cover the drug prices, then ownership of hospitals and parts of the NHS.

Comment

Something the election has taught us is that the public are so easily persuaded it wouldn't take much to convince them its a good idea to sell the NHS.

Comment

"I told you so" won't feel good either

Comment

I bet the NHS can't wait to wake up tomorrow and see that sweet, sweet £350m sat in its bank account.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            I bet the NHS can't wait to wake up tomorrow and see that sweet, sweet £350m sat in its bank account.
            I realise that's meant to be facetious, but it would be remiss of me if I didn't point out that we're still paying into the EU until the end of the year - and if we want market access probably beyond that, this along with the money already owed in the "divorse bill".

That doesn't mean we shouldn't demand to know where that money is from those who promised it.

Comment

It was just a joke to indicate that many people were duped into thinking this would be a clean break and the day after Brexit, all would be rosy.

Comment

It's going to be weird having you guys out of the EU. And because of what will no doubt be huge import duties, we're going to have to learn how to live without things like pork pies and, well, little model red buses and... Aston Martins? Do they still make those any more?

On the flip side, I'm stocking up on insulin and will happily supply it to any of you guys under the radar... for a bit of a markup, of course.

Comment

From: https://twitter.com/mrbiffo/status/1223228024176418816

Comment

Everybody ready for the “new dawn”, then? Lol

Comment

Celebrate brexit tonight with Not Tonight, now on switch.

It’s like playing the future.

Comment

W***** with the Tesco bag and Sunderland flag, celebrating with a can of Belgian lager: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-51332761

Comment

I feel so alienated from these people, I'll never understand them.

Mike Pompeo warns US farmers will demand inclusion of controversial agricultural products – but insists that will make it a ‘really good deal’ for British shoppers

Everytime a story like this hits, it just makes me more and more bitter.

Comment

Originally posted by Quality Chimp
                            It's not the chlorine that's the problem, it's because chlorinated chicken normally comes from dirty, crowded abattoirs with poor hygiene standards that blast the chickens with chlorine to compensate for the higher risk of it having salmonella etc.
                            It's not just the chicken with issues, there's been a massive spread of CWD in game meat in the US too (it's the equivalent of BSE in cows or scrapie in sheep) - we don't have CWD in the UK (yet) and whilst there is no evidence of it transfering to humans (again, yet) - there is the belief that it represents a similar risk as BSE which took ten years to confirm: https://www.usnews.com/news/healthie...sion-to-humans

We need to maintain our food standards in the UK because if we let that slip, standards will drop with domestic produce too, just so it can remain competitive with cheap imports.

Lower food standards lead to higher food born illnesses, that is the reality of it.

Comment

I’ve never been so ashamed of my country and ashamed of what Britain stands for.

We’ve gone back a century & let racist, xenophobic ***** take over. It’s ****ing awful.

Comment

Working...
                              X