Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought I'd be doing that (and more) today as well - given my history when it comes to people not following arrows in the supermarkets - as I had to venture onto public transport for the first time since March.

Pleasantly surprised at the level of mask wearing. There were a few without, some that I clearly pegged (in my head only) as ctunes, but there are legit reasons not to wear one so I just went about my business stress free!

Comment

The arrows on floor thing bothers me. Given the choice, right way where you have to pass 4 people or wrong way down an empty isle?

Comment

Most supermarkets have already removed the one way system arrows. Not like anyone was actually following them.

Comment

did they actually expect people to follow the slowest person around the shop? It was always flawed.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
            Most supermarkets have already removed the one way system arrows. Not like anyone was actually following them.
            I did and saw parts of Tesco I'd never been before.

I wish I could say I'd taken it upon myself to point at and mock covidiots who are wearing a masks when I went to pick up the weekly shop yesterday. But as my masks haven't arrived yet (Ebay promised Thursday) I stayed at home and just put a well used handkerchief over my face and mocked myself in a mirror.

If you don't hear from me again its because the masks still haven't been delivered and I've died of starvation.

EDIT

My masks have arrived, I'm not going to die. Phew, what a relief. Saved from C-19 and starvation all in the same day.
            Last edited by fallenangle; 25-07-2020, 12:09.

Comment

Just get some elastic and a clean pair of ladies undies. Home made mask in seconds.

Comment

..................and you look like a wally.

Serious point - as a spectacle wearer I've always suspected the masks cause terrible fogging. They do.

The expert advice is to get a tight fitting one so the escaping possibly C-19 laden aerosol only goes down and out around your face.

The ones I have are 'cloth' but tight fitting and just like the last time I had to wear a mask my glasses fogged up the moment I went into the shop. The useless advice I found on one opticians web site was to try to breath down (WTF does that even mean?) or wear contact lenses instead. No self-interested marketing there then.

Because of this for the first time in however long its been I've had to touch my face to adjust the mask six or seven times during the 25 mins I was doing my shop. In other words wearing the mask has forced me to use an unsafe hygiene practice and in theory done more to risk my health than anything else has done up until now.
                Last edited by fallenangle; 25-07-2020, 15:00.

Comment

You won't see me on the news tonight. Went to Aldi and everybody in the store except one woman was wearing a mask and she was being told off by an elderly lady so I held back.
                  Last edited by teddymeow; 25-07-2020, 15:39.

Comment

No trace of confirmation bias there. Wear your mask properly, stop touching your face and just get on with it.

Comment

Breathe down means breathe down. Make the air come out of your mouth in a downward direction. Do you have control of your jaw muscles and can you move your lips? If you can then you can breathe down and your glasses won’t steam up. I wear glasses and have been doing this for 4 months as I’ve never been into a shop without a mask on since day one.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                        Breathe down means breathe down. Make the air come out of your mouth in a downward direction. Do you have control of your jaw muscles and can you move your lips? If you can then you can breathe down and your glasses won’t steam up. I wear glasses and have been doing this for 4 months as I’ve never been into a shop without a mask on since day one.
                        Brad's overbite for the win

Comment

I’ve just tried that. Looked like Plug from the Bash Street Kids.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                            I don't get that reference, grandad.

Comment

Originally posted by fallenangle View Post
                              Serious point - as a spectacle wearer I've always suspected the masks cause terrible fogging. They do.

Because of this for the first time in however long its been I've had to touch my face to adjust the mask six or seven times during the 25 mins I was doing my shop. In other words wearing the mask has forced me to use an unsafe hygiene practice and in theory done more to risk my health than anything else has done up until now.
                              Get anti-fogging spray for your glasses. It works well for me.

But honestly, you‘ve made your stance clear on the (non)effectiveness of masks so why not just wear something more breathable like a bandana or something spandex that will at least allow you into shops? Why would you get tight-fitting ones that just make it unnecessarily difficult(and cause you to touch your face often)?

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                                Not recommended to do this without a mask!

Comment

Working...
                                X