Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK deaths rise again, 359 the last 24 hours (that's the official count anyway). Number of infections also up, there's been very little in the way of change since 18th May, the official count is hovering around the 2,000 mark with some +/- variation. Rates still well above where we were pre-lockdown.

Still no track & trace stats have been released which tells you all you need to know.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
      UK deaths rise again, 359 the last 24 hours (that's the official count anyway). Number of infections also up, there's been very little in the way of change since 18th May, the official count is hovering around the 2,000 mark with some +/- variation. Rates still well above where we were pre-lockdown.

Still no track & trace stats have been released which tells you all you need to know.
      Hilarious in PMQs to see Spaffer's response to these and other inconvenient facts hasn't changed, i.e. to just bluster on about people being all negative in their tone and questions.

Comment

Lovely images of protests in London at the minute. Meanwhile PM is telling us not to meet up indoors.

Comment

This tweet by a guy called Nicholas Pegg tickled me:

If nothing else, today’s PMQs demonstrated that Keir Starmer has inherited his mother’s aptitude for owning donkeys.

Comment

I watched Mclibel, a film from 2005 where Starmer is a human rights lawyer. He helps a group of protesters who were being sued by Mcdonalds for creating a libellous leaflet about them. We watched it to form an opinion on him and he comes off as a genuinely nice, well spoken and professional man. Ironically he is probably Corbyn v2 in his morals and views but much more presentable!

the film is also good if you like Michael Moore type stuff from the era.

Comment

The Chief Medical Advisor has stated that the 2m social distancing rule must stay in place for the entire pandemic but none the less Johnson seems to have selected it as one of his next targets to abolish.

And after thirteen years a new prime suspect is being investigated in the disappearance of Madeleine McCann

Comment

The Government found itself dismissed by Primary Schools as figures have revealed in the North East only 12% of Primary Schools admitted additional children yesterday whilst in the North West the number of schools who did the same was a mere 8%

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                  [URL]

And after thirteen years a new prime suspect is being investigated in the disappearance of Madeleine McCann
                  It would be remiss of me not to point out that british cadaver and blood dogs indicated scents in the McCann's holiday appartment behind the sofa and in a cupboard, in the McCann's hire car and on Kate McCann's clothing, as documented by the Portugese Police. The McCanns claim the dogs were wrong and they were smelling blood spilt from beef in the car and that as she handled six dead bodies prior to going on holiday (she was a locum in Melton Mowbray).

Should add for completeness that

“no inference can be drawn as to whether a human cadaver has previously been in any location without other supporting physical evidence”

And Gerry McCann claimed “I can tell you that we’ve obviously looked at evidence about cadaver dogs and they’re incredibly unreliable,” which is not true.
                  Last edited by MartyG; 04-06-2020, 07:52.

Comment

They are an... odd case. The scenario should be simple enough, they were stupid and left their children unattended in the room whilst they went for a meal. That 13 years on the situation surrounding them is still so murky is unsettling.

Comment

There was a big thread back in 2007, probably all sorts of murky stuff in there too https://bordersdown.net/threads/7400...one-has-to-ask

Comment

It would be remiss of me not to point out that british cadaver and blood dogs indicated scents in the McCann's holiday appartment behind the sofa and in a cupboard, in the McCann's hire car and on Kate McCann's clothing, as documented by the Portugese Police. The McCanns claim the dogs were wrong and they were smelling blood spilt from beef in the car and that as she handled six dead bodies prior to going on holiday (she was a locum in Melton Mowbray).

Should add for completeness that

“no inference can be drawn as to whether a human cadaver has previously been in any location without other supporting physical evidence”

And Gerry McCann claimed “I can tell you that we’ve obviously looked at evidence about cadaver dogs and they’re incredibly unreliable,” which is not true.
                        Am I right in thinking as well that there was something in the journals they kept that they used to sedate their children when needed as well
                        I'm sure I read it somewhere

The whole thing is a farce & plenty of other cases of missing children have been & gone yet they still dredge this up every few years

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                          https://www.theguardian.com/politics...t-updates-news
                          The Government found itself dismissed by Primary Schools as figures have revealed in the North East only 12% of Primary Schools admitted additional children yesterday whilst in the North West the number of schools who did the same was a mere 8%
                          Good. Johnson can get ****ed for trying to push this through.

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                            Am I right in thinking as well that there was something in the journals they kept that they used to sedate their children when needed as well
                            I'm sure I read it somewhere

The whole thing is a farce & plenty of other cases of missing children have been & gone yet they still dredge this up every few years

Neil
                            Vaguely remember something along those lines, but in typical fake news muddying, all the goings on made it more difficult to separate the facts from the fiction.

The company set up around this still has substantial amounts of money going through it, hence the need to drag it up for donations. Last fillings show assets of over £800K https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...filing-history

Comment

As a counter point to all the dodginess surrounding them, I always found it interesting that public perception of the couple is shadey surrounding the case but no-one has ever questioned their upbringing of their other children.

Comment

Vaguely remember something along those lines, but in typical fake news muddying, all the goings on made it more difficult to separate the facts from the fiction.

The company set up around this still has substantial amounts of money going through it, hence the need to drag it up for donations. Last fillings show assets of over £800K https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...filing-history
                                Glad I wasn't going crazy lol

Every time they start this up again my first thought is "Oh they must be getting low on money again"
                                It's terrible that it's like that but just how it seems to me.

Also they have never really seemed that upset on telly when discussing it...even when it first happened they seemed pretty "meh" about it
                                If it was me I'd have been distraught, absolutely unable to string a sentence together.
                                I guess people handle stuff differently though

Neil

Comment

Working...
                                X