User Tag List

Page 2 of 158 FirstFirst 123412102 ... LastLast
    Celebrate brexit tonight with Not Tonight, now on switch.

Itís like playing the future.

W***** with the Tesco bag and Sunderland flag, celebrating with a can of Belgian lager: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-51332761

I feel so alienated from these people, I'll never understand them.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9310081.html

Everytime a story like this hits, it just makes me more and more bitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Quality Chimp
    It's not the chlorine that's the problem, it's because chlorinated chicken normally comes from dirty, crowded abattoirs with poor hygiene standards that blast the chickens with chlorine to compensate for the higher risk of it having salmonella etc.
    It's not just the chicken with issues, there's been a massive spread of CWD in game meat in the US too (it's the equivalent of BSE in cows or scrapie in sheep) - we don't have CWD in the UK (yet) and whilst there is no evidence of it transfering to humans (again, yet) - there is the belief that it represents a similar risk as BSE which took ten years to confirm: https://www.usnews.com/news/healthie...sion-to-humans

We need to maintain our food standards in the UK because if we let that slip, standards will drop with domestic produce too, just so it can remain competitive with cheap imports.

Lower food standards lead to higher food born illnesses, that is the reality of it.

I’ve never been so ashamed of my country and ashamed of what Britain stands for.

We’ve gone back a century & let racist, xenophobic ***** take over. It’s ****ing awful.

My social media feed is full of Brexit types gloating and swearing. Bizarre. It’s like their whole attitude is based on hate rather than enthusiasm.

Looking forward to the raft of nationalisations as we take back control.

I've seen various in the leave camp.
    On the one hand:
    A sedate British flag + glasses of (presumably dire British) wine emojis.
    On the other:
    Leave won, suck it up and get on board.

If it all goes tits up, I hope the 52% are as enthusiastic about assuming responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by prinnysquad View Post
    If it all goes tits up, I hope the 52% are as enthusiastic about assuming responsibility.
    They won’t, they’ll blame the EU and the cycle will continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Wools View Post
    I’ve never been so ashamed of my country and ashamed of what Britain stands for.

We’ve gone back a century & let racist, xenophobic ***** take over. It’s ****ing awful.
    I think what's depressing is that while we always knew there were a significant proportion of society that was filled out with racists, xenophobes and what-have-you, I think it's fair to say that many of us thought we were making progress, and over successive generations, those people were becoming fewer and fewer.

What Brexit has exposed is that while that may have been true, we didn't progress anywhere near as far as we thought, and those people were still there, just keeping themselves to themselves.