Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Senior Health Officials have made a last minute plea to the Government to stop easing the lockdown.
    Let's be honest, there is no lockdown anymore.

Comment

Went for a bike ride after work today and Heaton Park was heaving.

On the plus side it was nice to see so many people from different backgrounds, religion, ethnicity...etc enjoying the park and weather together.

Comment

I've seen that the bookies are offering bets on whether Witty will still be chief medical officer on 1st July 2020 (so a month away)

The very fact you can gamble on that is a bit troublesome mind.

Edit, was reading the odds wrong it's 1:100 (not 100:1) so on a £10 bet you'd get back 10p.
        Last edited by MartyG; 02-06-2020, 09:40.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
          I've seen that the bookies are offering bets on whether Witty will still be chief medical officer on 1st July 2020 (so a month away)

The very fact you can gamble on that is a bit troublesome mind.

Edit, was reading the odds wrong it's 1:100 (not 100:1) so on a £10 bet you'd get back 10p.
          I don’t bet so excuse my ignorance, but that sounds like the bookies think he’s a ‘dead cert’ to not be at his post come 1st July?

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
            I don’t bet so excuse my ignorance, but that sounds like the bookies think he’s a ‘dead cert’ to not be at his post come 1st July?
            Yep that is pretty much the sum of

After [MENTION=42]MartyG[/MENTION] post I did have a look & Paddy Power are offering 16/1 for Michael Gove to be PM by end of 2021 & 25/1 for him to be PM by end of 2020
            Also same options for Rishi Sunak but at 9/1 (2020) or 7/1 (2021)

Giving odds on first to leave cabinet as well - Boris is 12/1

Neil

Comment

Oh god, they're all awful, but could you imagine Gove in charge? Doesn't bear thinking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Hohum View Post
                Oh god, they're all awful, but could you imagine Gove in charge? Doesn't bear thinking about.
                Sends a shiver up my spine!

Comment

Originally posted by Hohum View Post
                  Yeah I'd rather not lol

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
                    Edit no, I was right first time. The bookies think he will still be in the role on July 1st.

The wager is

Professor Chris Whitty to be Chief Medical Officer for England on 1 July 2020

Yes 1:100 (For which you'll get £10.10p back on a £10 bet)
                    No: 12:1 (For which you'll get £130 back on a £10 bet)

The shorter the odds, the more likely the bookies think the outcome is.

I suspect he'll still be in the role come 1st July - it's only a month away. I can't see Johnson sacking him and he's backed the government up so far, so I'd have taken a punt at Yes at 100:1, but not at 1:100
                    Last edited by MartyG; 02-06-2020, 13:41.

Comment

Comment

One volunteer says people shouted at her "when I asked them nicely to take their litter with them".

Coastal areas have been overrun by tourists since travel limits were lifted, the government is told.

Sigh...

Comment

"There are other forces at work in this world, besides the will of evil"
                          I want to believe that, I really do.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                            "There are other forces at work in this world, besides the will of evil"
                            I want to believe that, I really do.
                            Besides the will of evil? Oh, you mean stupidity?!

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                              Besides the will of evil? Oh, you mean stupidity?!
                              Yeah it's more stupidly, but the sentiment is there.

Comment

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is morons. Lots and lots of morons.” - Edmund Burke.

Comment

Working...
                                X