Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So someone leaked the contact tracing stats from Thurs-Sun to Channel 4 news

25,000 contact tracers employed

4,634 contact details provided

1,749 contacted.

So each contact tracer has contacted 0.07 people.

There must be a lot of tea making going on in that office.
    Last edited by MartyG; 02-06-2020, 18:10.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
      "There are other forces at work in this world, besides the will of evil"
      I want to believe that, I really do.
      Never attribute to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity.

Don't get me wrong, there are genuinely evil people in the world, and some of them are in government, but the vast majority of ****ed up things governments do isn't because of machavellian evil... It's just because people are fallible.

I'm not saying we shouldn't punish the government for those mistakes, though. Just it's not about punishing them for being evil, it's about punishing them for being negligent.

Comment

They’ve been negligent for decades? Tony Blair is a literal war criminal and walked scott free from the whole thing, If that doesn’t tell you your on your own nothing will.

Comment

UK death toll passes 50,000.

Tokyo signals an alert after one week of ending its state of emergency as cases increase.

Family gatherings in Germany after lockdown was eased have resulted cases increasing.

France is introducing new lockdown easing as the number of deaths exceeds 100 in 24hrs for the first time in 13 days.

Iran has experienced the second highest number of new cases in a day since the outbreak began.

Comment

Nissan have said that if the Tories land a No Deal Brexit then the Sunderland factory will close up for good.

The automotive industry is holding talks with the Tories about introducing a scrappage scheme with the intention of promoting and boosting sales of petrol and diesel cars as much as electric etc cars.

I think that's a good insight into the truth of what's going to happen. As much as we'll continue to hear environmental messages and promises etc I suspect the movement, in terms of real term effectiveness, is dead for the coming years now due to the need for economic recovery which will mean cheap options win out.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
              https://www.theguardian.com/politics...t-updates-news

Nissan have said that if the Tories land a No Deal Brexit then the Sunderland factory will close up for good.
              First place to come up as "Leave" on the night.
              Last edited by Asura; 03-06-2020, 10:06.

Comment

Sunderland were too stupid to realise that they would be one of the worst regions affected by Brexit, never mind a no-deal. A region smashed by the loss of industry hankering after a nationalistic, Rule Britannia splurge of glory. Kick out the ‘mugrants and get wuh jobs back. Yet the loss of Nissan will threaten nearly 30000 jobs.

In other news, Spaffer is apparently ‘taking back control’ of the fight against COVID-19. Probably to ‘Get Corona Done’. Who’s been steering the ship for the last three months, then, you fat, useless, lazy imbecile? He’s probably only doing it under duress to take the heat off Prime Minister Cummings.
                Last edited by prinnysquad; 03-06-2020, 11:24.

Comment

Haven't you heard? We're "Levelling Down" on Covid-19

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                    The automotive industry is holding talks with the Tories about introducing a scrappage scheme with the intention of promoting and boosting sales of petrol and diesel cars as much as electric etc cars.

I think that's a good insight into the truth of what's going to happen. As much as we'll continue to hear environmental messages and promises etc I suspect the movement, in terms of real term effectiveness, is dead for the coming years now due to the need for economic recovery which will mean cheap options win out.
                    Oooh new scrappage scheme would be good.
                    I'm in the market for a new car so this could be a bonus

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                      Oooh new scrappage scheme would be good.
                      I'm in the market for a new car so this could be a bonus
                      Aye, the realisation that I won't get two adults and three child seats in my current motors has set my wallet on edge.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                        Aye, the realisation that I won't get two adults and three child seats in my current motors has set my wallet on edge.
                        Oh dear lol
                        I've decided I'm definitely not having any more kids & with Chloe getting bigger now means 3 doors & Coupes are back on the menu

It will all just depend on how the scrappage scheme works as to what I consider

Neil

Comment

The original scrappage scheme was a con, the dealers just inflated their prices to account for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
                            The original scrappage scheme was a con, the dealers just inflated their prices to account for it.
                            I'm hoping they roll it out to nearly new & a couple of year old cars.
                            Got my eye on a few Hot Hatches

Comment

I was hoping to get a new car towards the end of the year but can't imagine getting a scrappage incentive on top of the EV incentive.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                                I was hoping to get a new car towards the end of the year but can't imagine getting a scrappage incentive on top of the EV incentive.
                                Probably not
                                I won't be looking at electric, I'll be moving back from Diesel to Petrol

Comment

Working...
                                X