X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They'll be fashion accessories soon.

Comment

Some retailers are making a killing on the masks, capitalism never stops, some are real bad quality but better than nothing of course. There are retailers who took peoples orders and promised to ship out when in stock too, it seems. It's all surreal I never imagined we'd be grabbing masks before going outside.

Comment

Had to go into town today for a couple of pregnancy bits for the missus.

Rammed! Utterly heaving with people ignoring the one way signage and social distancing. I had a mask on but had to get out quickly before I suffered a full on panic attack.

Never again. Online all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
          They'll be fashion accessories soon.
          I saw a kid at school wearing one last year. I'm going to draw smiles on all of mine, even if my eyes look like I'm going to murder someone.

Comment

Despite the amount being sold there's a real lack of quality nerd designs

Comment

Its crazy how much paper masks sell for now. £7 for 50 is seen as bad at work now and are still hard to get, you used to be able to get a box of 50 for about £3.

Comment

We’re a kpop loving household so my kids have had some rad masks for a couple of years now. Only as fashion items until recently obviously and, even then, barely wore them because, as cool as they look, few other kids would ever wear anything similar. So the upside of the pandemic is getting use out of the kpop masks.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                  In seriousness, I got this:

It looks a bit "mallninja" but it works really well and is comfortable to wear for extended periods.
                  I like this. Good price too. Do you wash it?

Comment

Ordered one with an additional 20 filters. Takes a solid month to be delivered unless you fork out a whopping £40 on postage but I've got some disposables to tide over till it arrives and really will only need 1 filter per week for the shop so should see me through Second Wave

Comment

If I'm going to to have to wear one of these bloody things just to do a supermarket shop I want to see if there is a V For Vendetta mask option available.

Highly appropriate as a symbol of defiance against a government in the name of civil rights.

Comment

Can't shake the idea that mask-moaners think they're like a romantic freedom fighter, when to me, they look like an unruly child who won't wear a tie at a wedding.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                          You can buy hundreds of them online right now and have them long before the end of next week when needed
                          Contrary to what those privileged to have and be able to afford an internet connection may assume not everyone else does.

Strangely enough many of those make the up the most vulnerable section of the population - the over 75s, the ones who have actually been doing 80+% of the dying.

There is the small matter of cost too - or not so small if you're poor, on a state pension, unemployed, just been made redundant or are facing that prospect in the next few months.

If you think just a couple of quid is easily afforded then you've never been there.

The absurdity of this legislation beggars belief where shop keepers/workers can refuse customers or even report them if they are not wearing a mask yet they themselves do not have to wear them.

Then there's that whole hospitality industry thing where suddenly everyone is exempt for, practical reasons, in pubs, clubs and restaurants but staff are wearing masks. That was used as a selling point in one restaurant advert I noticed.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                            Can't shake the idea that mask-moaners think they're like a romantic freedom fighter, when to me, they look like an unruly child who won't wear a tie at a wedding.
                            It is the enforced imposition of something of recognised dubious health value by a government keen to be seeing as doing something, anything in the face of a situation they actually have no power over. They hate that so they flex there muscles in a vain attempt to appear competent.

Even those who are laid back about this matter have to agree it is a complete dog's breakfast and like most knee jerk reaction legislation it will have to be completely rethought at some point.

Comment

I love adding people to my ignore list.

Comment

Originally posted by fallenangle View Post
                                It is the enforced imposition of something of recognised dubious health value by a government keen to be seeing as doing something, anything in the face of a situation they actually have no power over. They hate that so they flex there muscles in a vain attempt to appear competent.

Even those who are laid back about this matter have to agree it is a complete dog's breakfast and like most knee jerk reaction legislation it will have to be completely rethought at some point.
                                The government were wrong to begin with. If I were to pull my T shirt over my mouth and sneeze OF COURSE less particles would escape into the air.

Comment

Working...
                                X