This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Colin View Post
    I jacked it all in and opened a craft beer shop back home in Scotland last year pal. @theccbm on Instagram or Facebook.
    That's great mate well done. I remember you having enough a while back. And it definitely suits you ! Congratulations and hope everything goes ok for you during this time.

Comment

"Bubble" with someone closer to McDs.

Comment

If I get £500 to spend locally I’m going straight to Colin’s beer emporium!

Comment

If I can spend them at places where I'd be able to pick up the stuff we'd get anyway for Baby 3, Xmas present etc I'd do all that then save the cash I would have spent and defeat the naff intention of vouchers

Comment

Itle be spendable practically anywhere but not on anything you actually want.

Comment

I want a PS5... so I'll probably end up with a grand and a half of Lentil Crisps froms Holland and Barratt

Comment

In the first three days of opening three pubs have closed due to COVID outbreaks

Current UK unemployment stands at 3.9%, the peak ever is 11.9% in 1984 - the OECD has projected that the Second Wave this fall could take us up to 11.7% unemployment and see's 9% as a likely rate in the near impossible scenario of there being no Second Wave at all.

This one is my personal favourite - After months of data analysis the Office of National Statistics has released its findings from reviewing their data and discovered:

-Individuals working away from home are more likely to be infected with Coronavirus than those who work from home
                -Workers who work in patient care of social care roles are more at risk than those who don't
                -Infection numbers are lower in households if less people live in the house
                -Individuals who are tested when they show symptoms of the virus are more likely to test positive than those who don't have symptoms
                -Infection rates are higher amongst people who have recently been in contact with a confirmed virus case than those who haven't been in contact with one

I look forward to their next revelation:

Comment

One of those pubs that has closed is near me, they often have a really lame-looking disco when I drive past.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
                    One of those pubs that has closed is near me, they often have a really lame-looking disco when I drive past.
                    Disco Fever.

Comment

Fury as Boris Johnson accuses care homes over high Covid-19 death toll

"Care leaders, unions and MPs have rounded on Boris Johnson after he accused care homes of failing to follow proper procedures amid the coronavirus crisis, saying the prime minister appeared to be shifting the blame for the high death toll.

With nearly 20,000 care home residents confirmed to have died with Covid-19, and estimates that the true toll is much greater, there has been widespread criticism about a lack of personal protective equipment (PPE), testing and clear guidelines for the sector. On Monday, the total UK coronavirus death toll rose to 44,236, up 16 on the day before."

Comment

^ The dirty whoreson bottom-feeding worm. It was his government that seeded the care homes with the disease after they hoofed all the elderly folk infected with it out of the hospitals in order to clear beds. Starmer needs to get his act together and crucify the bastard on this in PMQs tomorrow.

Comment

Just to add some context to this thread - the Office Of National Statistics for England/Wales show that in the week ending 26th June registered weekly death rate numbers are now actually down below the typical numbers for this time of year over the last five years. In other words there have been less total deaths in the last weeks than there were at this time last year and for the preceding four years.

Flu and pneumonia deaths are now exceeding Covid 19 ones although I'd bet in a significant number of those cases the victim had Covid 19 but just wasn't tested for before they died.

No cause for complacency though because, as I suggested in an earlier thread, sections of the population who have been genuinely self isolating or are geographically isolated may well have not been exposed. But with lockdown easing we'll know if that's correct in a couple of weeks time I guess.
                          Last edited by fallenangle; 07-07-2020, 16:26.

Comment

Average deaths are lower because so many have died.

Comment

The ONS are not talking about average death rate if that is what you meant. These are actual numbers of registered dead per week which occurs week in, week out - typically for this time of year about 10,000 people die in England and Wales/week.

This explains the figures.

As can be seen from the graph there the real bad time was late March to mid-May when for those weeks the numbers of dead rose to over double the norm. But since then it has been a downward trend.
                              Last edited by fallenangle; 07-07-2020, 16:49.

Comment

I think his point was that dead people can’t die again. If you wipe out everyone in care homes, for example, the death rates in care homes will be way down in the weeks after that.

Comment

Working...
                                X