Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My social media feed is full of Brexit types gloating and swearing. Bizarre. It’s like their whole attitude is based on hate rather than enthusiasm.

Looking forward to the raft of nationalisations as we take back control.

Comment

I've seen various in the leave camp.
      On the one hand:
      A sedate British flag + glasses of (presumably dire British) wine emojis.
      On the other:
      Leave won, suck it up and get on board.

Comment

If it all goes tits up, I hope the 52% are as enthusiastic about assuming responsibility.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
          If it all goes tits up, I hope the 52% are as enthusiastic about assuming responsibility.
          They won’t, they’ll blame the EU and the cycle will continue.

Comment

Originally posted by Wools View Post
            I’ve never been so ashamed of my country and ashamed of what Britain stands for.

We’ve gone back a century & let racist, xenophobic ***** take over. It’s ****ing awful.
            I think what's depressing is that while we always knew there were a significant proportion of society that was filled out with racists, xenophobes and what-have-you, I think it's fair to say that many of us thought we were making progress, and over successive generations, those people were becoming fewer and fewer.

What Brexit has exposed is that while that may have been true, we didn't progress anywhere near as far as we thought, and those people were still there, just keeping themselves to themselves.

Comment

“It’s like Nigel Farage’s wet dreams have been piped directly into their ****ing brains and pushed out all capacity for rational thought and normal human speech patterns”

Made me chuckle!

Comment

'We'll get our industry back'

Yeah, because it's the EU that ****ed all that up...

It wasnt that long ago that the UK vetoed blocking cheap Chinese steel being allowed into the EU, followed by the collapse of British Steel.

Comment

F**k me!

Comment

Pair of bellwhiffs, suckered by the rhetoric of Froggy, Pob and Spaffer.

Comment

Morons.

Comment

Burn them with fire.

Comment

What was it? I think it has been removed

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                            What was it? I think it has been removed
                            Three women were being interviewed on the street and asked how they expected things to improve now that Brexit has occurred. The first one struggled to articulate herself outside of 'sovereignty' and the second spoke about getting our industry back. It's probably been removed because the internet is filled with abusive scum.

I'm more angry at media and politicians. How many decades have they spent repeating the same nonsense about the EU unchallenged? How many times has the government stood by and done nothing when it comes to UK industry or even worked against it? They just OKed the sale of a major UK defence contractor to the States ffs. Even issues surrounding immigration happened as a result of the UK, not the EU. The rest of the EU put restrictions on new migration from Eastern European countries while their standard of living rose, but we didn't. Never saw that mentioned either, just more BS about how it was the EUs fault with no one calling them out.

Even if you had a competent remain campaign (and we didn't), it would have been an uphill struggle with the above. I ****ing hate our politicians and despise our media. They're so corrupt and complicit in all of this.

Anyway sorry, I'm just ranting now. The women on camera fit the Brexit stereotype so it blew up.
                            Last edited by Cepp; 02-02-2020, 10:08. Reason: They're, not their

Comment

Two things this country is good at:
                              1: Half-arsing everything
                              2: Selling our assets and industry
                              Neither of these will charge because we left the EU.

Comment

Working...
                              X