Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonderful 101 Kickstarter "funded" coming to Switch/Steam and Ps4

Figured it is worthy of its own thread

Smashed through goals very early on, Still not sure what to think though as release is estimated for April so the port must have mostly been done.

I guess though with it being a Niche game probably the only way it would come out, I really really hope though they have got the budgeting right though as have seen a few japanese companies get that wrong on Kickstarter

About to crack $1m as well.

Comment

I have to wonder how much a port really costs. Like, I genuinely don’t know but this is a whole different thing to something like Shenmue 3, which had to be planned and built from nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        I have to wonder how much a port really costs. Like, I genuinely don’t know but this is a whole different thing to something like Shenmue 3, which had to be planned and built from nothing.
        It's already good to go on the Switch if the release is just around the corner. It's almost like they're holding it at ransom.

The PS4 version might take a lot more work, especially if it's getting Pro treatment. I guess PC could upscale well enough.

The whole thing stinks a tad. Outsourced ports of this kind of game never go well (DMC HD, PS3 Bayonetta).

Comment

Doesn't really feel like it's in the spirit of what Kickstarter was set up for. I'd download the game illegally in protest.
          3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Some info on game specs.

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
              Doesn't really feel like it's in the spirit of what Kickstarter was set up for. I'd download the game illegally in protest.
              I’ll just download it when it comes to PS+ this Kickstarter isn’t getting a single cent from me.
              Hell even if it didn’t get a single cent from anyone, game would have been out on Switch in April regardless.

Comment

I'm pretty shocked Nintendo didn't fund the whole thing just for the one extra IP feather in their cap.

At least the game will get a wider audience now.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                  I’ll just download it when it comes to PS+ this Kickstarter isn’t getting a single cent from me.
                  Hell even if it didn’t get a single cent from anyone, game would have been out on Switch in April regardless.
                  Don't see the issue, this is just a different way of pre-ordering, all that cash on the kick starter is people putting down money for the game. Its a game that bombed on the wiiu so why not see if there is any appetite for wider re-release instead of taking the risk?

Comment

Cash from the Kickstarter is people putting money down on merch and to fund PC/PS4 versions.
                    None of that money is “funding” a game that’s already been funded and developed.

As I said regardless of how much interest it got, hell even if no one backed it and it ended on ¥0, The Wonderful 101 Remastered would have been released on Switch in April, there was never any risk.

Comment

Ninty were going to fund it on the condition it was a Switch exclusive

Comment

Don't forget, a genuine Kickstarter game, Battle Axe, could do with your support and won't get made if it doesn't fund:

Also, it's not on the Kickstarter page, but it's believed that Dangen Entertainment are at least doing the PR for this and a few people have boycotted W101 because of accusations that Dangen haven't paid developers for Fight Knight and Devil Engine:
                        Original Story: Dangen Entertainment's interim CEO Dan Stern has publicly outlined a plan for the publisher to set thin…

A warning about the predatory business practices and sexually inappropriate behavior of Dangen Entertainment and its CEO Ben Judd.

Comment

They WERE mentioned on the page, but it's since been removed.

It's all just shady AF. I picked the perfect time to jump ship from this hobby and move over to board games.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                            It's all just shady AF. I picked the perfect time to jump ship from this hobby and move over to board games.
                            Which also have the same kinds if issues on kickstarter? Theres been loads of reports of projects disappearing and the person running with all the money, at the very least Platinum are a real company that will release the project.
                            Last edited by fishbowlhead; 06-02-2020, 07:17.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                              Which also have the same kinds if issues on kickstarter? Theres been loads of reports of projects disappearing and the person running with all the money, at the very least Platinum are a real company that will release the project.
                              Kickstarters done by individuals or start-ups is fine, I suppose. I don't think the big established companies like Fantasy Flight have the audacity to put a Kickstarter out.

One issue I see with board games is the progressive move over to app assistants/AI opponents. This is great for people with no friends (I'm using the Descent app) but I actively WANT to have to manually count tokens, flip cards, and work stuff out. Experiencing a tad of burnout from being in front of a screen all the time. :/

Comment

Working...
                              X