No announcement yet.

Wonderful 101 Kickstarter "funded" coming to Switch/Steam and Ps4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whole situation is just odd and there’s something else going on here. It will all come out in time.

Comment

I only just noticed that pre-orders for the May general release of this are now up on Amazon.

They've probably been available elsewhere for a while, but hey.

Comment

Perhaps unsurprisingly given the current climate, W101 Remastered has been delayed, both for physical backers and general retail release, until late June (North America) and early July (Europe).

Comment

Interesting that the Digital release has held though, presumably that will drive a stake through the heart of physical copies sales of this

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
            Interesting that the Digital release has held though, presumably that will drive a stake through the heart of physical copies sales of this
            Hmmm. Possibly. That's not a given though - the download of W101 Remastered is said to be nearly 8GB!

Comment

Platinum were so on it with the Kickstarter that it's surprising that by the time they announced it the physical copies weren't already pressed onto disc and in store stockrooms

Comment

Platinum have delivered a Steam code to all backers who qualified for physical media, no matter the chosen platform. Some complained they would have preferred a code for the chosen platform, but Platinum acted without collectin feedback first.

Comment

I'm fairly sure that was intentional, as I suspect Steam keys are cheaper and the least hassle for them to get in bulk. Bloodstained did the same thing. I'm working on the basis there's no Mac version, so that's me with a Steam code going spare.

Comment

Yep, no hassle. Publishers can generate Steam keys for free.

Comment

DF technical analysis of W101 Remastered highlights performance issues that make it inferior to the WiiU OG in some aspects.

But hey, at least Platinum moneygrabbed made £2m off of Kickstarter for it.

Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 16-05-2020, 11:21.

Comment

Yup, definitely glad that I didn't go the Kickstarter route for this.

An absolute sh1teshower from the off.

Comment

If it's shipped from abroad, I'm not surprised there are import fees etc.
                          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Exactly. Import fees aren't covered by your pledge because they vary from country to country. It's probably even written in the minutia about the project. I'm still waiting for my copy too, but every package from the US is taking a lot to be delivered, and you can't really fault Platinum for that.

Comment

Be all of that as it may, it's still a bitter pill to swallow for the backers.

Comment

Ha. Brilliant. This story gets better and better.

Comment

Working...
                                X