No announcement yet.

Far Cry 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the last properly good Far Cry was probably FC3. FC4 was alright, the rest varying degrees of weak

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      I think the last properly good Far Cry was probably FC3. FC4 was alright, the rest varying degrees of weak
      Yeah I really enjoyed Far Cry 3 but the fourth was just a rehash with elephants and although Far Cry 5 starts well it falls flat for almost the entire campaign until it's interesting ending...

This one looked like it might be something interesting again but after several so-so outings I'm also just waiting to see how it fares and wouldn't pick it up full price.

Comment

I really hope Ubi picks it up with this one, I even got a lot of mileage out of FC2 which people seemed to be down on at the time

Comment

Never played 2, skipped it at the time and I've never really bothered to go back.

Comment

I probably wouldn't recommend going back to it now, it was mostly derided for not being a true sequel to the original but really it was a proto-template for the later entries

Comment

Ubisoft has announced that the long anticipated open-world shooter title “Far Cry 6” will be released on October 7th along with revealing new gameplay (albeit only very little) across several almost entirely cinematic trailers. Set on the fictional Caribbean island Yara with lush tropical environments and decaying urban landscapes, Giancarlo Esposito stars as Presidente Anton […]

Late with this one but as no-one else has posted it (presumably because like me they've long tired of what Ubisoft's Random Game Generator Engine pumps out on these) the link has trailers and it launches on 07 October 2021 looking shinier but just as... meh.

Comment

Far cry is far cry these days. Gun play is pretty fun, nice open landscapes, big playground but ultimately a bit hollow. I buy them on sale.

Comment

Some gameplay from FC6 that really could have come from any of them

Comment

Anybody playing this? Really enjoying it. Its far cry all over again but that suits me
                    PS5 version has some terrible screen tearing not sure if it's also on Series X.
                    Map seems to be quite big and now you can upgrade your camp and weapons have mods and clothing has different buffs.

Comment

I've played through about the first 40 minutes getting to the island - it's more Far Cry. Not sure it's graphically much different from the last outtings (those bullshot screens above, don't look anything close to how it is even on my highend rig) - haven't had any screen tearing on PC, but I'm running with VRR at 4K with ultra settings+RT and it hovers around 60 FPS.

Seems solid enough but don't go expecting anything revolutionary with this one - it's the same stuff on a different map.
                      Last edited by MartyG; 08-10-2021, 06:57.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
                        Anybody playing this? Really enjoying it. Its far cry all over again but that suits me
                        Map seems to be quite big and now you can upgrade your camp and weapons have mods and clothing has different buffs.
                        I don't know if this applies to both platforms but I saw on twitter for Series X there's an additional 26gb 4K texture pack to download which is optional.

I saw some of the reviews on this giving it some major negatives for being more of the game.

I tend to agree given the last 3 of them just felt like a re-skin with some basic new ideas tacked on.

I feel for me this is one I'll play when it's in the bargain bin.

Comment

Yep like I said more far cry but I’m ok with that. Graphics do the job but you can tell that it catered for last gen. Plenty of foliage blowing in the wind and flocks of birds flying around and neat sunsets do the job but I want to see one written for PS5 and Series X.

Comment

No screen tear on the series x, looks like a locked 60, but i’m using a monitor with VRR.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                              I don't know if this applies to both platforms but I saw on twitter for Series X there's an additional 26gb 4K texture pack to download which is optional.

I saw some of the reviews on this giving it some major negatives for being more of the game.

I tend to agree given the last 3 of them just felt like a re-skin with some basic new ideas tacked on.

I feel for me this is one I'll play when it's in the bargain bin.
                              I think it’s the best one yet. Loads of new changes and effects, with new mechanics. Still has the standard farcry template, but it’s no reskin.

Comment

Yep like I said more far cry but I’m ok with that. Graphics do the job but you can tell that it catered for last gen. Plenty of foliage blowing in the wind and flocks of birds flying around and neat sunsets do the job but I want to see one written for PS5 and Series X.

It’s a lovely looking game at times. Far too much anti aliasing though - beautiful sunsets with a Vaseline smear at times. Sort of defeats the purpose of a 4k upgrade patch.
                                Last edited by dvdx2; 08-10-2021, 14:54.

Comment

Working...
                                X