No announcement yet.

Far Cry 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Don't mind Far Cry but I've never ever bought one at launch. Wait for it on sale

Comment

UPDATE 14/10/21 9.00am UK: A Ubisoft spokesperson told Eurogamer this morning that the issue has now been fixed. Fans w…

Another cock up upgrading to the ps5 version.
      Last edited by BIG EDD; 11-10-2021, 13:31.

Comment

Russian ps4 disks being sent out by accident, which wont work with the uk upgrade path it seems, bit of an odd one that
        Last edited by fishbowlhead; 11-10-2021, 20:46.

Comment

Very strange.

Comment

If global sales are like the UK ones it might not affect too many people, apparently they were 70% lower than FC5's

Comment

Doesn't surprise me as I think many are a bit burnt out by the series.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                Doesn't surprise me as I think many are a bit burnt out by the series.
                I know I am. Far Cry 1 to 4 were all instant buys but 5 I didn't even bother with as with 6. Maybe I'll play it when it comes to game pass.

Comment

I was firmly in for the first three, even quite behind the often complained about second game. I went straight in on the fourth game but it was such a big disappointment, a real minimal effort job of a follow up. By the fifth it had just all become a chore and each 'side game' makes it even worse too so I've felt no pull to FC6 at all. Series needs a heavy overhaul away from Ubi-Generator design or shelving

Comment

FC 1 & 2 felt kind of dangerous. It felt like you were dumped in a dangerous environment and had to survive. Its progressively moved away from that in to an open world that offers all the guns and means to survive at your finger tips. It's more a playground than a dangerous jungle.

Comment

I liked 3 because it felt pretty impressive for the time and the villians were proper deranged and fun.

FC4 just felt like they were trying to one up themselves but it came off as a worse entry albeit with Elephants, but it was literally a carbon copy.

FC5 starts off well with its religious cult and hillbilly setting but it quickly just desolves back into the same retread of ideas and it's just another grind.

I think all of them are decent, but once you've played one the rest are the same game in another lick of paint.

I understand this one is better but I won't budge with my hard earned until it drops to below 50% off. Even then I think I'll be busy with something better.

Comment

If you like the formula and gameplay style of Far Cry 3-5 you'll probably like this. If you yearn for something similar to the earlier ones you won't get that here.

I want to take a look at some point as the dev. normally does a good job with the characters/story. It'll come down to whether the general gameplay feels entertaining and keeps you engaged.

Comment

I've struggled to get into and stick with any new game lately. So I gave this a go yesterday and I'm having a lot of fun with it. There are classier and more sophisticated series out there but I rather enjoyed the last game (only one in the series I've played prior to this one) and this format is perfect for me to lose myself in for an hour or two. I enjoy the variety of approaches you can use ... and the mass destruction you can cause when it all goes wrong.

Comment

I've been really into this as I'm on the third set guerilla who need to be convinced to join my cause

Comment

Finished the main story this morning and did enjoy the campaign. Tons left to mop up if that’s your thing

Comment

Working...
                              X