Far Cry 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Far Cry 6

Ubisoft has promised five triple-A games before April 2021, one of which is reportedly a new Far Cry game.In a financia…

So, because no-one can work out the mindset of Ubisoft anymore they've come to the conclusion that from October they're going to release five AAA titles within a six month window. Watch Dogs: Legion, Gods and Monsters and Rainbow Six: Siege will all release with the latter two of those three the most likely to be the casualties of the approach.

Assassin's Creed IX looks set to be one of the remaining two, presumably continuing the series recent success in copycatting itself on Witcher. But the fifth looks likely to be Far Cry 6, interesting as the tight turnaround suggests an iterative sequel again despite the vacuum that met New Dawn, the most recent release in the series. It seems likely to launch March 2021.

And Beyond Good and Evil 2 remains on the distant horizon.

Watch Dogs: Legion, Gods and Monsters and Rainbow Six: Quarantine were all delayed from FY19-20. Makes you wonder whether they really were planning to release just AC: Vikings and FC6 in the FY20-21. Or perhaps further delays in reaction to the underperformance of The Division 2 and Ghost Recon: Breakpoint.

Comment

Ubisoft has now officially announced Far Cry 6 for release on 18th February 2021, following an earlier leak last week. …

Releases 18 February 2021. Again, I've very little hope that this is the shake up the franchise sorely needs.

Comment

Some screens

Comment

I've appreciated that the series has tried to say a little more about the human condition since Farcry 3. If the trailer is anything to go by I hope it raises some interesting questions and isn't just a bloodletting.

Comment

I think 5 was the weakest one, hopefully this improves. Its an odd franchise.
            I don't really concider buying Far Cry games at launch. I always wait till they are on sale. Having a city and buildings to explore will be cool.

Comment

I've played 3, 4 and 5 but skipped the side games in between like New Dawn and Primal.

To be honest the series is boring as hell now. The maps are fun to traverse and they all start off well with great enemies who seem to have deep back stories... But since Far Cry 3 they latter enemy bosses have turned out to be all bark no bite.

Far Cry 5 was terrible in the end... A yawn fest.

Comment

I want to like Far Cry but I don't think it'll ever happen.
                • I never quite got on with the original Crytek Far Cry even though it was gorgeous and much beloved.
                • I hated the re-spawning check points in Ubisoft's first Far Cry (2). I just couldn't get on with the fact you'd clear a checkpoint, but then drive back through and all the enemies had re-spawned.
                • I liked 3's setup but for some reason bounced off it after a few hours.
                • Played Far Cry 5 for 30 hours, completing 2 thirds. But the re-spawning enemies and killer wildlife just wore me down. You rarely get a minutes peace. And then there's the whole '$1,000' to refill the helicopter ammo ball****. Or the in-game cash-shop where despite playing for quite some time, I had barely earned any of the skins and items. Shame because there were aspects such as the story and setting that I enjoyed.

I never did try FC4, New Dawn, Primal or Blood Dragon.
                Last edited by Digfox; 13-07-2020, 22:38.

Comment

I only ever played Blood Dragon and, from everything I've heard since, it's the best in the series, numbered entries or otherwise. It did 80s cheese really, really well.

Comment

I still haven't even played 4 yet.....loved 3 though!

I guess I'll have some catching up to do in a couple of years when I get around to it

Comment

Your post reminded me that I'd not played Far Cry 3 and that there was a remaster this gen.

It's only 90% off! Bought for £2.49 https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/...RCRY3REMASTER0

Comment

Originally posted by Deuteros View Post
                        I only ever played Blood Dragon and, from everything I've heard since, it's the best in the series, numbered entries or otherwise. It did 80s cheese really, really well.
                        Blood Dragon is brilliant to be fair but 3 is decent simply because at that point everything was new and fresh with interesting new characters. Then 4 and 5 did nothing to really build on that, just rehash the same **** twice over.

I should point out I stuck with it and finished all 3 (3, 4 and 5).

Comment

Delayed till TBC 2021/2022

Comment

I think at this rate we should be glad any new games are coming out at all.

It's obviously tough times for all development teams out there...

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                              I really hope they do change. If someone like ubisoft can make it happen maybe others will too...but Ill believe it when I see it.
                              As for far cry 6, I usually wait until they come way down in price anyway. I didn't enjoy 5 that much either.

Comment

Working...
                              X