Examu to halt operations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Examu to halt operations

Examu, developers of Arcana Heart, will suspend all operations late this month. The company cites diminishing business as the reason, but not much else is know, the press release is very short.

However, not all is lost, as product development, support, and operation is passed to Team Arcana, which is now an independent company. In addition to Arcana Heart (6 titles and counting), Examu developed Aquapazza, Daemon Bride (I think this remained a Japanese arcade exclusive), Nitro Blasterz, and a Hello Kitty game.

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
    Examu, developers of Arcana Heart, will suspend all operations late this month. The company cites diminishing business as the reason, but not much else is know, the press release is very short.
    I guess while Arcana Heart had its fans, it never really "caught on".

Sad though for them. I still have a "pencil board" from when they did a game test in Akihabara back in 2007.

Comment

Sucks though i hope they still finish the Crowdfunded game

Also similar news FK digital are stopping development so no Chaos Code next sadly

Comment

Sad to hear that these two devs are closing their doors (there are very understandable reasons why FK Digital is taking a break).

Hopefully we get their future titles in some form but its tough out there for the indie fighting game devs.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          Sad to hear that these two devs are closing their doors (there are very understandable reasons why FK Digital is taking a break).

Hopefully we get their future titles in some form but its tough out there for the indie fighting game devs.
          Yup was very sad

When i went through my doujin phase years ago i had followed FK digital with the early games and was glad when they got a chance to make console games

Comment

Well today Had a big update for Arcana heart love max six stars crowd funding edition, upgraded to Xtend version and including the promised Shark character

Comment

Working...
            X