The Absolute Genius of CAPCOM System 32 Home Computing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
    I just saw the Cheetah logo, hundreds of old joysticks...

Joysticks....

Comment

I loved Commando on the ZX Spectrum

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
        I loved Commando on the ZX Spectrum
        I bought a copy of that for a friend's birthday -- the £1.99 version. It's a really nice port that plays perfectly.

I've been playing the C64 version on my The C64 machine and still love the music.

Commando is such a special coin-op from that era.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
          I bought a copy of that for a friend's birthday -- the £1.99 version. It's a really nice port that plays perfectly.

I've been playing the C64 version on my The C64 machine and still love the music.

Commando is such a special coin-op from that era.
          Yeah just so playable and so addictive

Comment

Commando on the Spectrum was so hard, although I was playing with keys for a while. One day a magazine printed a composite screen map and I realised I was nowhere near the end. Most of my speccy games were hard, once I bought some consoles I completed the majority of games.

Comment

Commando on the Spectrum was so hard, although I was playing with keys for a while. One day a magazine printed a composite screen map and I realised I was nowhere near the end. Most of my speccy games were hard, once I bought some consoles I completed the majority of games.
              I remember me and my mates being stuck on the likes of Commando and Airwolf for hours and would take in turns play next. But you just wanted to get further into the games and kept on playing

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                I remember me and my mates being stuck on the likes of Commando and Airwolf for hours and would take in turns play next. But you just wanted to get further into the games and kept on playing
                Haha Airwolf, I've mentioned this before. I tried everything to get past that laser, everything. Then 20 years later I found out they never finished the game so they rigged it that you always died. That's pretty evil. At least let the game crash, having you die made you think it was your fault.

Comment

Haha Airwolf, I've mentioned this before. I tried everything to get past that laser, everything. Then 20 years later I found out they never finished the game so they rigged it that you always died. That's pretty evil. At least let the game crash, having you die made you think it was your fault.
                  It was a bastard of a game, but you just kept on trying. Really good when you had a gang of mates and with each death had to hand over the joystick.

Comment

That f*cking regenerating wall near the start of the game was what hacked me off the most.

Comment

People always forget Super Streetfighter II Turbo with the debut of Akuma was exclusive to 3DO but also IBM PC Architecture X

Comment

Originally posted by CAPCOM View Post
                        People always forget Super Streetfighter II Turbo with the debut of Akuma was exclusive to 3DO

I got it for Xmas '94. Loved the CD music and played it for months and months. A few little graphical features were missing, but it still felt extra special.

Comment

Good Times Leon....

3DO is a legend of a console and broke new ground..........

Retro Gamer picks its 10 best 3DO games of all time

Panasonic over Sanyo

Next up for discussion

PC ENGINE to Core Grarfx to Turbo Express to NEC CD
                          Last edited by CAPCOM; 03-03-2020, 11:21.

Comment

Good Times Leon....

3D0 is a legend of a console and broke new ground..........

https://www.retrogamer.net/top_10/top-ten-3do-games/
                            It was. I so wish we would get a remake of Killing Time

Comment

Good Times Leon....

3DO is a legend of a console and broke new ground..........
                              I still have my original FZ-1, which is still working fine. Plus a boxed one as a backup. Easily one of the coolest looking consoles ever made.

I remember feeling that the 3DO was truly next gen in 93-94, and I enjoyed quite a few of its best games. Then the PlayStation and Saturn arrived and left the 3DO in the dust. But I will always have fond memories of the 3DO really impressing me for a while.

Comment

Working...
                              X