Critics Club III: Greatest Film of 1990

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Critics Club III: Greatest Film of 1990

Three rounds of voting has led to the above shortlist, taking the five most voted for films from oeach Part to decide which is the greatest film of...

Which of the above are the very best of the year for you?
    Die Hard 2: Die Harder
    0%
    Goodfellas
    0%
    Ghost
    0%
    Gremlins 2: The New Batch
    0%
    Flatliners
    0%
    Misery
    0%
    The Hunt for Red October
    0%
    Home Alone
    0%
    Pump Up the Volume
    0%
    Jacob's Ladder
    0%
    Total Recall
    0%
    Tremors
    0%
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    0%
    Wild at Heart
    0%
    Young Guns II
    0%

Tried to thin my choices to just the four but Goodfellas has to be my number one.

Comment

How long to watch all the films on the list?

TWO WEEKS!!

Comment

Surprised to see so few Hunt for Red October votes. I always watch that movie when it's on. Bit of a guilty pleasure.

Comment

I've only seen it once but I remember it being a good example of that type of film, insane that it's 30 years old now too.

Comment

The only thing I can remember from HFRO is that they're all talking Russian, then the camera passes behind a glass of water and when it emerges, they're all speaking English.

I just thought it was a really clever way of doing it.

Comment

Because from water we came and from water we’ll return and water understands all, including every Earth language?

Comment

Exactly! You totally understand!

(Also I doubt Connery could have kept speaking Russian for a whole film)

Comment

The casting of Connery as a Russian is just too glorious

"We're not going to mish this opportunity, I'm telling you, fire the mishile"

Comment

Some really good films on the list, voted for a few but overall favourite is Wild at Heart, Dern and Cage are two of my top actors of recent times - along with Holly Hunter.
                    Some nice Elvis singing as well by Cage, prefer him in his older stuff like Raising Arizona.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                      Surprised to see so few Hunt for Red October votes. I always watch that movie when it's on. Bit of a guilty pleasure.
                      I think Crimson Tide from the 90s is a better submarine film - but who is a better submarine commander, Gene Hackman or Sean Connery? There's only one way to find out ...

Comment

Working...
                      X