The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent

That Nicolas Cage meta film “The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent” at Lionsgate is set to be even more meta than you might expect. Cage stars in the film as actor Nicolas Cage who is desperate to get a role in a new Tarantino movie while also dealing with a mountain of debt and a […]

Nicolas Cage is to play Nicolas Cage and Nicolas Cage in The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent for Lionsgate.

To summarise what's in the link:

Cage plays a fictionalised version of himself in addition to a heightened 90's version of himself in the film. The modern day Cage is trying to reconcile with his daughter whilst also getting a part in a Tarantino movie but is dogged by a big ego 90's version of himself who berates him for making so many bad films. Forced to appear at a billionaire drug lords birthday party the modern Cage is recruited by the CIA to spy on the kingpin who has brought Cage's ex-wife and daughter to the party forcing Cage to act his very greatest performance. As such the film will also recreate numerous scenes from Cage's filmography such as Face/Off and Con Air.

OH MY GOD! That sounds absolutely incredible. Like a cross between The Three Amigos and Jean-Claude Van Johnson

Comment

Did someone watch Adaptation, on weapons grade coke? Hasn't Cage paid off his taxes yet? Also, not him, but why did all the 80s stars end up right wing? Taxes?

Comment

First set pictures:

Comment

I mean that sounds just so bat-sht crazy it could work... Consider me in.

These days I'm just glad movie isn't a remake, sequel, super hero flick or all of the above...

Comment

If it had been titled The Unbearable Weight of Over-Rated Talent, I might have taken more notice.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
              If it had been titled The Unbearable Weight of Over-Rated Talent, I might have taken more notice.
              I think it's meant to be taking the pee no?

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                I think it's meant to be taking the pee no?
                With Nicolas Cage films it's impossible to tell.

Comment

To be fair I reckon that would’ve been more interesting than most of the Snorerman movies we’ve had since.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                    With Nicolas Cage films it's impossible to tell.
                    Haha... This is actually very true.

Comment

The first official photos have been announced for the Nicolas Cage and Pedro Pascal-led super-meta dark comedy “The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent”. Cage plays a fictionalized version of himself who is hired to appear at the birthday party for a superfan and crime boss Javi (Pascal). But he’s also there to spy on Javi […]

New images from the film

Comment

Enjoying liking posts from 2020

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X