VR Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    Rez (Area X) is still the ultimate VR experience for me (sorry if I'm sounding like a broken record).
    Don’t be. It’s one of those go to games I use to demo VR to friends. Great music amazing visuals. What’s not to like.

Comment

Following the Quest's hand tracking update (which admittedly does seem to improve it) I got Myst on the store, as that's being touted as the first title to use the new improved functions; it's been reworked to allow for hand tracking instead of controllers.

Honestly... I mean, the game is fine (I've actually never played Myst before) but the hand tracking is really sketchy. I'm not going to refund it as it might improve and I should have a hand tracking game in my library but I find it really glitchy.

Comment

I went through Moss and I'm admittedly saying this very late on from its debut but it was... alright? I do think there was a very heavy impact from playing in post-Astrobot though as the game was merely okay. The diorama view worked well but it was a tad dull at times to play.

I'm currently halfway through Creed. I have a handle on it its one of the most tiring experiences I've done especially doing it whilst trying to avoid cracking the headset by accident or punching a nearby wall

Comment

The Climb 2
          It's been a long time coming this one. I put it off because the first Quest 2 game I played was the original so I thought I'd give it a while. It's pretty much more of the same, looking decent and playing well. There's still a couple of moments where the geometry can freak out as it randomly gets too much in your face even if you're perfectly positioned in your area, same with hanging bars, but overall it's a refined solid follow up so far.

Comment

The Climb 2
            I'd say it's better than the first game now I'm done with it and your arms definitely get a work out. It can be a sweaty effort in these muggy temps, there's a few occasions you collide with the geometry and the levels are a little bit of a mixed bag at times but the skyscraper level is a standout. Def worth it.

Going to check out Fisherman's Tale next.

Comment

Star Wars Vader Immortal: Episodes II and III
              Well. The really rinsed everyone with these didn't they? Much shorter than the opening episode and blatantly just cut content to charge people more. They were fine but the release model is clearly horrid

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                Star Wars Vader Immortal: Episodes II and III
                Well. The really rinsed everyone with these didn't they? Much shorter than the opening episode and blatantly just cut content to charge people more. They were fine but the release model is clearly horrid
                Have you tried the lightsaber dojo in Chapter III? I'm still playing that literally years later. Obviously that might not be to everyone's taste, but I don't feel short-changed.

Comment

Nope, I just ploughed through the stories. I've been installing the mods for Half-Life Alyx which is my next stop Rapture!

Comment

Nope, I just ploughed through the stories. I've been installing the mods for Half-Life Alyx which is my next stop Rapture!
                    Definitely give it a go. Personally I think 1 and 3 are the best; the 2nd one feels like a halfway house that doesn't quite work as well. But finishing it is actually quite challenging (I still haven't managed it).

Comment

Not a big fan of Rez here either actually, after all the hype on here it was a bit disappointing.

Bought Pistol Whip the other day and finally fixed my PSVR/PS5 up, and had a BLAST in double gun mode on hard (once i figured out how to switch to double guns).
                      There is some other stuff I need to visit but I am tempted by Winds&Leaves for something different.

Where is my House of the Dead VR???

Comment

I just downloaded every VR game I have that I could find and will be bashing a few minutes on each to see what to keep/delete.

Comment

I shouldn't be playing it because I have no time or interest in playing with strangers in co-op or team based games but I am endlessly a sucker for the franchise so:

Ghostbusters: Rise of the Ghost Lord
                          Like many a VR game I don't think it will last me beyond a couple of hours especially since I'll be soloing it but despite that the little I've played so far I've enjoyed. It's got the simple Quest 2 era look to it and you go through levels with the usual team based objectives like protecting a containment unit, capturing ghosts. Though simplified rather than trying to recreate an authentic GB experience, it's solid enough as you use the PK meter to scan slime, blast the ghosts to tire them and then fire a trap. Given the light content you'd have to be playing online to get longer legs out of this and even then it's pretty slight though its new content roadmap runs till at least the release of the new film.

Comment

Well just got done with Arizona Sunshine II on PC.

Good fun and a good story (wont give anything away) Gameplay is similar to the first game, plenty of options for movement and rotation. The gun play is well balanced and the inclusion of "Buddie" the dog is well implemented, using him to pick off Freds can be the difference of life or zombiedom.
                            Not had a dabble in the multi modes but it does appear to support cross play with Quest and PSVR

On the down side the walking and running movement speed is painfully slow, I think this is the only reason it took me just over six hours to complete the campaign which is pitifully short.
                            Graphics wise its not much better looking than the first game from six years ago so I guess it will look the same on all systems.

Good fun but not worth shelling out £40 - get in in the sale

Comment

Horizon VR: Call of the Mountain
                              Returned to this to polish the game off and managed to get back into a comfortable run with it. The more you play it the simpler a game it emerges to be and whilst visually a strong game some of the soft blurring the headset gave me the impressions of seem to be much stronger with this game than others so presumably it's down to some of the effects or overstrong field rendering.

The Dark Pictures: Switchback VR
                              Part way through and it's a smooth and fun experience, clearly somewhat budget as beyond the immediate distance it can look quite barren but the experience is a fun enough game that's broadly very similar to its predecessor.

Comment

Horizon VR: Call of the Mountain
                                Returned to this to polish the game off and managed to get back into a comfortable run with it. The more you play it the simpler a game it emerges to be and whilst visually a strong game some of the soft blurring the headset gave me the impressions of seem to be much stronger with this game than others so presumably it's down to some of the effects or overstrong field rendering.
                                It was a perfectly competent game. It looks particularly good (good choice for Sony, with those OLED displays, to pick a game with so much colour) but on the whole, I don't think it broke any new ground or pushed the envelope. In many respects it was similar to games like Bonelab or Star Wars: Tales from Galaxys Edge in terms of what you actually do in it.

It was actually kinda ridiculous it won the award for "best VR game" that year. It was most likely because it was voted for by people who like the Horizon games and have never even touched VR.

Comment

Working...
                                X