No announcement yet.

VR Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did anyone ever dive into getting space channel 5? i'm tempted but jesus that price tag is not worth it for a digital game £36 is pretty extreme coinsidering the amount of game you get as it can be completed pretty fast. Even it it was a physical copy that's still pretty expensive, i'm happy to support smaller games and have no problem paying higher prices for niche stuff but this seems super inflated.

Comment

^^^ That's what put me off buying straight away ^^^

It should be a dream-come-true day one purchase but but I'm holding off until I at least read some impressions.

Comment

From this review theres only 4 stages and it can be completed in less an hour and that was also finding all the secrets too thats a very poor gameplay to cost ratio right there. Will wait for it to hit a sale.

Comment

Superhot VR
          This one would have probably made more impact if I'd have gotten to it sooner. It was alright but I think I preferred the original game

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
            Superhot VR
            This one would have probably made more impact if I'd have gotten to it sooner. It was alright but I think I preferred the original game
            It's almost like they're two different games though. Definitely worth getting both versions, IMHO.

Normal version felt like a puzzle version of this:

VR version felt a bit like this:

There are some badass moments, though.
            I remember playing the kitchen level and dodging bullets so much, that I purposely fell onto the sofa behind me to get lower!
            Found a gun stashed behind the counter too, so it was a real thrill!

I finished off Arizona Sunshine last night and I loved it.
            Proper VR thrill ride and if you've got a mate to play it with, it's phenomenal.
            Lurching like a zombie between hilarious and terrifying.
            We actually started a new game as soon as we'd finished, so we could change to two-handed mode and use his Aim controller.
            I had to switch to PS4 pad, which took a while to adjust to as I'd just about nailed twin Move controllers.
            Got there in the end and we started trying the different set of weapons, which were great fun.

If you've got a VR mate to play this with, I'd say this is a must-have as per the thread purpose.

Comment

That's it, I liked Superhots almost puzzle based style whereas VR is more bitesize and as even simply taking in your surroundings advances time a little you feel that bit more pressurised. It's good though overall. I'm mostly on wait for Half Life: Alyx now but once that's done I'll finally be more deeply checking out what's part of the Viveport Infinity subscription, I know Arizona Sunshine is included.

Comment

Personally, I'd put Superhot on the "Must-Play" list.
                The game makes you feel like a total badass and action movie star like no other experience.
                You're properly contorting to dodge those bullets or slicing them in twain with a knife.

Love being Neo and throwing away spent guns.

Comment

Ironically, even though it's a different genre, it's Beat Saber that makes me feel like a bad ass the most when doing well at it. It's like it make you feel like Hugh Jackman

Sure it's the Hugh from Greatest Showman rather than X-Men but still... Hugh Jackman!

Comment

I finally finished Superhot recently. Like, if someone asked me whether they should buy it, I would say yes - but I really disliked the final few levels, to the point where I'm not sure I'd ever want to play it again.

I love the general conceit and it has some great moments though.

Comment

Played Blood & Truth the last couple of evenings.

It's great. Proper impressive example of VR with its cock-er-ney narrative about revenge (you slaaaaaahgs) etc.

Only issue is, despite being playable with the DS4, it really needs the Move Wands and I don't have those. Makes really getting involved with all the small things you can do in the game impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                        Only issue is, despite being playable with the DS4, it really needs the Move Wands and I don't have those. Makes really getting involved with all the small things you can do in the game impossible.
                        I struggle to imagine how it plays on the DS4. How do the controls work?

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                          I struggle to imagine how it plays on the DS4. How do the controls work?

Left / right side allocated to hands. They are stuck together so you can't do fancy reload, support barrel of gun reach in opposite directions.

Comment

The Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners
                            This was the last game I tried out in VR and didn't complete it but did mess around with it a bit. It's ropey, definitely ropey but it's also pretty tense and much better at delivering a lengthy Vr experience than it has any right to.

Comment

Another vote for Arizona Sunshine, although the reloading messes me up.

This week I have been mostly playing...Farpoint without the AIM controller as apparently I can only get it in a bundle here and I already have the games. $100 is a bit much. Also gave Ace Combat 7 a go and while the visuals were pretty good, the gameplay was not.

Comment

Farpoint with the gun is luvverly!

Comment

Working...
                                X