No announcement yet.

VR Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, that's it. Hype up a game I can't play on my Oculus. Thanks guys!

I'm kidding - I'd love to play WO in VR. I do wonder how Oculus game support will go. It doesn't feel like there is all that much on it yet and it obviously doesn't have the support a platform like Playstation or Steam can give it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
      Yeah, that's it. Hype up a game I can't play on my Oculus. Thanks guys!

I'm kidding - I'd love to play WO in VR. I do wonder how Oculus game support will go. It doesn't feel like there is all that much on it yet and it obviously doesn't have the support a platform like Playstation or Steam can give it.
      Yeah; back when I had a Quest, I was good for 3-4 months but soon I found myself using it purely as a dumb viewer for Steam's VR games.

But the stand-alone stuff is great for other reasons; like I've said before, outside of the pandemic, Richie's Plank Experience is a riot at lunchtime at an office, or a family gathering.

Also, you may not be aware; you can hook up a Chromecast and stream the Quest's footage to it. You get a slight delay but it's good for others in the room to see what's going on. You can actually even do this AND use Virtual Desktop to play Steam games wirelessly, which honestly is like some kind of dark magic.

Comment

My kids got Job Simulator. It's fun and made me laugh quite a few times but it's short-lived fun. They love it though. I also got that FitXR to get a bit of a workout on. The boxing sessions seem good and work up quite a sweat but there are dancing sessions too and they just don't click with me at all. They've made a simple easy game out of the boxing stuff but, with the dance stuff, it's just copying a person in front of you and I don't see why that's any better than watching a YouTube video.

I have also been playing The Climb 2 so much that I bought the original to get more. THIS WAS A MISTAKE. I should have done my homework. I knew from reviews of the sequel that there would be some stuff that was worse (like chalking taking longer) but what I didn't know was that the first game only has three environments and they are the same as environments in the sequel. So the sequel really does render the original redundant. It is interesting to see the differences. Some of the visuals actually seem a little prettier in the first, where the sequel really improved the practicality of the game and then added a lot of extra visual elements. But some of the climbing in the first is really unintuitive and the responsiveness is way worse, meaning falling when you shouldn't really.

So yeah, if you're at all interested in The Climb, just go straight to the sequel.

Comment

I'm kidding - I'd love to play WO in VR.

This plays more like the classic WipeOuts anyway.

Comment

My kids got Job Simulator. It's fun and made me laugh quite a few times but it's short-lived fun. They love it though. I also got that FitXR to get a bit of a workout on. The boxing sessions seem good and work up quite a sweat but there are dancing sessions too and they just don't click with me at all. They've made a simple easy game out of the boxing stuff but, with the dance stuff, it's just copying a person in front of you and I don't see why that's any better than watching a YouTube video.

I have also been playing The Climb 2 so much that I bought the original to get more. THIS WAS A MISTAKE. I should have done my homework. I knew from reviews of the sequel that there would be some stuff that was worse (like chalking taking longer) but what I didn't know was that the first game only has three environments and they are the same as environments in the sequel. So the sequel really does render the original redundant. It is interesting to see the differences. Some of the visuals actually seem a little prettier in the first, where the sequel really improved the practicality of the game and then added a lot of extra visual elements. But some of the climbing in the first is really unintuitive and the responsiveness is way worse, meaning falling when you shouldn't really.

So yeah, if you're at all interested in The Climb, just go straight to the sequel.
            vacation simulator is totally recommended if you enjoyed job simulator the world in vacation simulator is super cozy & fun. Hell even your hotel room is fun to mess about in before you even explore the resort.

Comment

Pistol Whip - Been trying out arcade and campaign modes on this and I suspect there's a notable element of auto aim applied as if not I'm mostly hitting marks like I'm Robocop. It's solid fun (even if it involved very little pistol whipping) but the lack of notable music and relatively rigid model means it feels like without the occasional campaign drops they've started making it'd have a limited shelf life.

Comment

I’ve been playing loads. Can’t remember what I mentioned before but I got The Room and it’s absolutely fantastic. It’s short, like I expected, but it’s so good. So atmospheric and rewarding. Looks gorgeous too.

I got Synth Riders which is a bit Beat Saberish but I actually prefer it and some of the tracks are just perfect. I love it.

Got Superhot VR and enjoyed it. Short but I didn’t quite feel it got away with being so short. It left me feeling there should be more. But it’s good.

And right now I’m playing Carve, which is a snowboarding game. I haven’t quite clicked with it yet but will give it more time. And I’m playing Battle Sister. That’s a Warhammer 40k shooting game. On another system you’d call it a pretty average shooter and it is in VR too but the Warhammer feel and lore really adds to it. It plays well and it’s really meaty too. I feel like I’ve been playing it for ages and it keeps going. It’s the first VR game I have played that feels proper full length. I like it.

Comment

I prefer Battle Sister Sister personally.

Comment

That's the best game game.

Comment

Really enjoying dirt VR - prefer it to the main game

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                        Honestly I remember playing this very early on, via an Oculus devkit, and it was the first modern VR experience that really blew my mind.

Not because it was the best game ever, or anything, but it was a universal upgrade on the experience. Totally redefined what I expect from racing games.

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                          I got quite annoyed by the navigator shouting in my ear constantly and haven't been back since.

VR sale on right now has me getting Tekken 7, Ghost Hand and Doom 3 VR.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                            Honestly I remember playing this very early on, via an Oculus devkit, and it was the first modern VR experience that really blew my mind.

Not because it was the best game ever, or anything, but it was a universal upgrade on the experience. Totally redefined what I expect from racing games.
                            After buying and playing games I can't play the survival horror games, seems the leaning and moving especially down stairs makes me feel sick

The absolute defining game for me and which shows VR brilliantly is Ace combat, loved loads of games like astrobot but Ace Combat is incredible, when you proper start dogfighting, I've fallen over twice haha

Comment

You're standing up to play it?
                              Star Wars Squadrons eclipses Ace Combat for me.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                                Project Wingman is where it's at with arcade air combat VR games these days: https://store.steampowered.com/app/8...oject_Wingman/
                                So this turned up in the Humble Bundle Monthly for November and have given it another go. I think they must have had a couple of patches since I first tried it as the UI has been sorted and my X52 flight stick is working okay with it now. The RTX card probably helps too as I can run it maxed out now.

There are still some niggles, such as the throttle / stick not moving with input which is a bit wierd, but it does feel very Top Gun in VR. The flight model is simplistic (which is not a bad thing for a game concentrating more on action combat), so it's not competing with DCS, so if you're wanting an Ace Combat VR experience for PC I'd say take a look - it's definitely worth bagging the current monthly bundle for. It was previously struggling on a GTX 1080 tho, so you probably want a more recent GFX card than that for VR play.

Comment

Working...
                                X