User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: VR Games

Quote Originally Posted by teddymeow View Post
    Only issue is, despite being playable with the DS4, it really needs the Move Wands and I don't have those. Makes really getting involved with all the small things you can do in the game impossible.
    I struggle to imagine how it plays on the DS4. How do the controls work?

Quote Originally Posted by Asura View Post
    I struggle to imagine how it plays on the DS4. How do the controls work?

Left / right side allocated to hands. They are stuck together so you can't do fancy reload, support barrel of gun reach in opposite directions.

The Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners
    This was the last game I tried out in VR and didn't complete it but did mess around with it a bit. It's ropey, definitely ropey but it's also pretty tense and much better at delivering a lengthy Vr experience than it has any right to.

Another vote for Arizona Sunshine, although the reloading messes me up.

This week I have been mostly playing...Farpoint without the AIM controller as apparently I can only get it in a bundle here and I already have the games. $100 is a bit much. Also gave Ace Combat 7 a go and while the visuals were pretty good, the gameplay was not.

Ahhhh. Get higher, baby!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Paleboy PSN ID: paleboy1970 Steam ID: paleboy
    Farpoint with the gun is luvverly!

I got a Valve Index a couple of weeks ago. Aside from the astonishing Boneworks and HL: Alyx we have used it to get some indoor fitness done:

Beat Saber - brilliant light workout;
    Powerbeats VR - on advanced level it really gets the cardio and stretching sorted; but
    The Thrill of the Fight - my goodness. 3x2min rounds kill me. This is the real thing in terms of cardio and hardcore exercise!

Beat Saber is excellent on Quest.
    Also enjoyed Sports Scramble on Quest, a bit limited in scope (Baseball, Tennis and Bowling) but it works far far better than anything Wii Sports ever did.

Whilst not strictly VR games, the VR implementation of X-Plane and Elite Dangerous is superb and don't need room scale to enjoy,

Quote Originally Posted by Asura View Post
    I tried out Oculus Link today and the performance isn't great, which is weird, because I have a pretty decent spec - a good i5, GTX1060... Not sure just how much I'm going to use it.
    I realise this is from 3 months ago, so it might be worth giving it another go as it's being updated (and it's still technically a beta currently). I've found the PC link to be excellent (although my PC is higher spec on an i7 and GTX1080, via USB-C on a 3.1 10Gbs cable), I wouldn't want to play Project Cars 2 any other way except via VR now (same for Elite Dangerous and X-Plane 11). I struggle a bit with Skyrim VR, but that's mostly down to how Bethesda implemented the movement. Couldn't recommend that game really as it deserves long play sessions, so if you get VR sickness, you can't really play Skyrim like that.
    Last edited by MartyG; 02-07-2020 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyG View Post
    I realise this is from 3 months ago, so it might be worth giving it another go as it's being updated (and it's still technically a beta currently). I've found the PC link to be excellent (although my PC is higher spec on an i7 and GTX1080, via USB-C on a 3.1 10Gbs cable), I wouldn't want to play Project Cars 2 any other way except via VR now (same for Elite Dangerous and X-Plane 11). I struggle a bit with Skyrim VR, but that's mostly down to how Bethesda implemented the movement. Couldn't recommend that game really as it deserves long play sessions, so if you get VR sickness, you can't really play Skyrim like that.
    I eventually worked out it was either the cable or the USB port, as I was able to get the wireless option workng fine (where you sideload Virtual Desktop). The visual quality takes a slight hit as it's a stream, but I find it's worth it given the fact it's full-on PC VR, but entirely wireless. That's what I'm using for Alyx.

I agree, Skyrim is probably going to be a bit of an ordeal. You don't think about it when playing but VR can involve standing for hours; I find I get aches and pains if I play too long. This is fuelled by how immersive the games are; they can be very intense which can cause you to tense up.

Problem with a game like Skyrim is that most people who play it probably wouldn't want to go hiking in Norway for hours.

Quote Originally Posted by huxley View Post
    On PC Alien Isolation is a must!
    Nooooope.

Can't do it.

Stars.

Not today.

Totally not touching that. I like sleep.