No announcement yet.

VR Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me, after playing NMS in VR, Ace Combat 7 wasn't fun.
    You want dogfighting, try SW:Squadrons.

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
      I love astro bot - brilliant game

No ace combat 7??? - one if not the best VR experience I've had, constantly dogfighting the only game to make me almost fall over twice on one level haha
      Sounds fab!

Imagine that but multiplayer (maybe ace combat already is, I dunno), taking off from a carrier, choosing your loadout, in-air refuelling, rearming, taking out SAM sites, bombing airfields and dogfighting MIGs in a Hornet. That's how I roll these days. It's incredible. It means I have no time for any other games sadly but it eclipses every other gaming experience I've had. I Ace Combat Playstation only?

Comment

I was going to get AC7 but I'd heard the VR was just a small mode, not the entire game.

Comment

Project Wingman is where it's at with arcade air combat VR games these days: https://store.steampowered.com/app/8...oject_Wingman/

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
            Project Wingman is where it's at with arcade air combat VR games these days: https://store.steampowered.com/app/8...oject_Wingman/
            That looks the nuts!

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
              I was going to get AC7 but I'd heard the VR was just a small mode, not the entire game.

It isn't the main game but I played it for ages and only done about 3 levels and I do enjoy taking off from an aircraft carrier whoop

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                For me, after playing NMS in VR, Ace Combat 7 wasn't fun.
                You want dogfighting, try SW:Squadrons.
                Didn't like it but only tried the first level - came down to the fact I couldn't see out the sides of my tie fighter so just looking forward whereas AC7 you can look everywhere, I do appreciate when you fly the x-wing that would open all that up

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                  That looks the nuts!
                  It does, but it's not great in VR, I refunded it.

Comment

I’ll stick with dcs then, cheers

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                      It isn't the main game but I played it for ages and only done about 3 levels and I do enjoy taking off from an aircraft carrier whoop
                      Ah cool Glad it's good. It had literally just come out when I was moving away from PSVR, so it was still full price, and I wasn't all that interested in the rest of the game. If I've ever got access to PSVR again and it's cheap, I'll definitely pick it up.

They slipped up, though, really. They should've spun it off into its own downloadable game for ~£12.99. I would've bought that. EA made the same mistake with the Battlefront VR content that was tagged onto the their game, instead of just being its own purchase - I actually got that free after buying the game 2nd-hand from CEX for, like, £3. I would've paid a tenner for it. I'd have happily paid again for as much again.

Comment

Blood and Truth - Man alive, finished it and the biggest aside point to make is how it's on rails but otherwise it's amazing how much polish and small details that I admired in Half-Life Alyx turned out to have been accomplished by this game the year before. I wasn't sure at first about not having full motion control but the game works that to its advantage beautifully as you always have just enough control over your aiming, weapons and positioning. This means encounters aren't as limiting as Alyx's often are and also story takes a strong centre stage along with set pieces. Some of the later levels get a little too samey at times with a volume of enemies that make it feel more like you're playing a next-gen Time Crisis game and too many office like environments but none outstay their welcome and the big moments really have a very strong sense of physical space and impact. Easily, easily one of the strongest VR experiences I've had.

Comment

Iron Man VR - you have to be oddly far back but I find the tracking works fine enough for this once you're set to go. It does a good job of recreating the suit controls also but I'd say that once you get past the first 3-4 missions the experience quickly falls apart. It wants to sell itself as a AAA tier VR game but it's essentially a 'experience' title with locations etc repeated to pad out the game length. Given it's not a stunning looker as well (and no doubt not aided by playing on the back of Squadrons and Blood) the sheen quickly wears off and it becomes a bit dull which is a shame as the plane sequence hints at what could have been even if that too could have done with less cuts. It's overall reasonable but nothing amazing or worth shelling out too much on.

Comment

Couldn’t get the iron man demo to work. Kept saying I was outside the zone or something

Comment

I had the same and in the end had to keep backing up and up till it eventually agreed I was in range, it's more particular than other games in that way for sure

Comment

Mini Motor Racing X - An incredibly basic racer though because it's so clean looking the 3D effect is solid. Most notably it's weirdly one of the few games to give me some sense of sickness feeling. I honestly couldn't say why as even games like Alyx in full locomotion didn't hit that fast but it was a tidy reminder as to why VR continues with its hurdles.

Astro Bot: Rescue Mission - Procrastinated on this one long enough, bounded through to halfway through World 2 and even though it's a fuller game than Playroom it feels like it's still going to be a similar length. It seems an easy game too but just so damned joyous. Is it Mario tier? No, it blatantly isn't. But it is ruddy wonderful and the VR perspective is amazingly well done making it clear within the first level or two that this is clearly one of PSVR's best games.

Comment

Working...
                                X