No announcement yet.

VR Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a Valve Index a couple of weeks ago. Aside from the astonishing Boneworks and HL: Alyx we have used it to get some indoor fitness done:

Beat Saber - brilliant light workout;
    Powerbeats VR - on advanced level it really gets the cardio and stretching sorted; but
    The Thrill of the Fight - my goodness. 3x2min rounds kill me. This is the real thing in terms of cardio and hardcore exercise!

Comment

Beat Saber is excellent on Quest.
      Also enjoyed Sports Scramble on Quest, a bit limited in scope (Baseball, Tennis and Bowling) but it works far far better than anything Wii Sports ever did.

Whilst not strictly VR games, the VR implementation of X-Plane and Elite Dangerous is superb and don't need room scale to enjoy,

Originally posted by Asura View Post
      I tried out Oculus Link today and the performance isn't great, which is weird, because I have a pretty decent spec - a good i5, GTX1060... Not sure just how much I'm going to use it.
      I realise this is from 3 months ago, so it might be worth giving it another go as it's being updated (and it's still technically a beta currently). I've found the PC link to be excellent (although my PC is higher spec on an i7 and GTX1080, via USB-C on a 3.1 10Gbs cable), I wouldn't want to play Project Cars 2 any other way except via VR now (same for Elite Dangerous and X-Plane 11). I struggle a bit with Skyrim VR, but that's mostly down to how Bethesda implemented the movement. Couldn't recommend that game really as it deserves long play sessions, so if you get VR sickness, you can't really play Skyrim like that.
      Last edited by MartyG; 02-07-2020, 11:09.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
        I realise this is from 3 months ago, so it might be worth giving it another go as it's being updated (and it's still technically a beta currently). I've found the PC link to be excellent (although my PC is higher spec on an i7 and GTX1080, via USB-C on a 3.1 10Gbs cable), I wouldn't want to play Project Cars 2 any other way except via VR now (same for Elite Dangerous and X-Plane 11). I struggle a bit with Skyrim VR, but that's mostly down to how Bethesda implemented the movement. Couldn't recommend that game really as it deserves long play sessions, so if you get VR sickness, you can't really play Skyrim like that.
        I eventually worked out it was either the cable or the USB port, as I was able to get the wireless option workng fine (where you sideload Virtual Desktop). The visual quality takes a slight hit as it's a stream, but I find it's worth it given the fact it's full-on PC VR, but entirely wireless. That's what I'm using for Alyx.

I agree, Skyrim is probably going to be a bit of an ordeal. You don't think about it when playing but VR can involve standing for hours; I find I get aches and pains if I play too long. This is fuelled by how immersive the games are; they can be very intense which can cause you to tense up.

Problem with a game like Skyrim is that most people who play it probably wouldn't want to go hiking in Norway for hours.

Comment

On PC Alien Isolation is a must!

Comment

Originally posted by huxley View Post
            On PC Alien Isolation is a must!
            Nooooope.

Can't do it.

Stars.

Not today.

Totally not touching that. I like sleep.

Comment

Missing out even though its a simple mod to re-enable the VR mode. Hands down one of the best VR Experiences at present.

Comment

Originally posted by huxley View Post
                Missing out even though its a simple mod to re-enable the VR mode. Hands down one of the best VR Experiences at present.
                Just too terrifying. I'm struggling even with Alyx!

Comment

Really enjoying the Space Channel 5 VR demo at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                    Just too terrifying. I'm struggling even with Alyx!
                    I don't like the dark bits.

I am finding parts of HL Alyx quite frustrating, the Index controllers I find are more annoying than the Quest ones. I end up gripping items when I don't want to with Index because my pinky is just very slightly still glancing against the capacitive grip. And I keep missing the throw and catches because they sometimes don't throw at the right time so the timing is off. And reloading weapons, especially given most enemies take half a mag to kill gets you dead because it takes so long.

It's great.

Edit - okay, tried the Aliens Isolation VR mod (which works great) and tried Survivor Mode. I have a new respect for the crew of the Nostromo.
                    Last edited by MartyG; 22-09-2020, 20:19.

Comment

Different change of pace tonight as I started up the first hour of Blood & Truth. I'm at the DJ Booth sequence now and I've been playing stood up which is a bit ache inducing so next time I'll follow the games advice and try seated play. However, I must say, this so far has been great to play. The production values are really good for a PSVR game and the accuracy and smoothness of play is good, it's very Gangs of London and a great, immersive bit of fun

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                        Different change of pace tonight as I started up the first hour of Blood & Truth. I'm at the DJ Booth sequence now and I've been playing stood up which is a bit ache inducing so next time I'll follow the games advice and try seated play. However, I must say, this so far has been great to play. The production values are really good for a PSVR game and the accuracy and smoothness of play is good, it's very Gangs of London and a great, immersive bit of fun
                        It's fantastic. Starts off like a Guy Ritchie movie, turns into a heist movie, then a Fast & Furious movie, then a spy movie.

Comment

The only negative (to a minor extent) I'd say is that it switches from seated to standing often which doesn't require anything from the player but no matter what you do the immersion is a little broken at times. Understandable though given the insane action and perspectives going on like that window dive

Comment

I have just restarted B&T and it is a brilliant game. I love VR but I find it a difficult for longer periods of time which is a shame - at the moment I would rather not be in AR...

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                              The only negative (to a minor extent) I'd say is that it switches from seated to standing often which doesn't require anything from the player but no matter what you do the immersion is a little broken at times. Understandable though given the insane action and perspectives going on like that window dive
                              Yep. I think it suffers from one other problem, also, similar to Farpoint - where the PS4 VR setup requires you face one direction, and as a result, the game can sometimes feel a bit like you're progressing one way (though Farpoint is worse for this, where it feels like the entire game was one long trek along an imaginary line that stretched from my couch, through my TV and off into the distance).

That makes me wonder, has anyone here played Vader Immortal in PSVR? How well does it work? The Quest version really benefits from your ability to face/move any direction.

Comment

I love astro bot - brilliant game

No ace combat 7??? - one if not the best VR experience I've had, constantly dogfighting the only game to make me almost fall over twice on one level haha

Comment

Working...
                                X