• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ranger has one!

Can you merge the threads please, QC?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      Did the first couple of levels and I like it so far.
      I like how you can reload without the weapon activate and shows you when it's finished.

It really could do with a sprint button by this point!
      Push the stick down L3, as per COD gives you sprint for Ranger as fuse said.

Oh and by the way welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
        Push the stick down L3, as per COD gives you sprint for Ranger as fuse said.

Oh and by the way welcome!
        WHAT?! No more diagonal rolling?!

Comment

Oh no, there'll be plenty of that, don't you worry.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
            Oh no, there'll be plenty of that, don't you worry.
            I haven't used the Ranger since they introduced the Wing Diver

I can swoop down and revive the real men!

Comment

Wing Diver is amazing.

I've had to start with Air Raider or I wouldn't want to go back.

I do like AR though.
              Been off work ill today, so managed to blast through a few more levels, with some randoms. Co-op brings out good players, generally. Already got a friend request!

Still waiting for a helicopter!
              I used to love them in 2025.

Comment

I only bothered with Wing Diver (WD) and Ranger (R) in previous versions but in v5 I only gave WD a bit of playtime as I couldn't get on with her new play mechanic though I'm certain I'll give it another try.

I've kept to R for the game then and it's nice he gets a third weapon/attribute, I don't use the slot for a machine but instead the wider range for collecting stuff which is a boon, basically when activated you get a ring surrounding your character so you don't have to go right up to weapons boxes etc. As you power this up the ring gets bigger and bigger so when you are running around collecting stuff it's really easy.

Comment

Double post.

See below.
                  Last edited by QualityChimp; 26-02-2020, 09:19.

Comment

[MENTION=6966]Anpanman[/MENTION], me and Fuse were talking about you last night and agreed it's time we popped your online cherry.
                    You're the kind of knowledgeable chap we'd want fighting on our side!

I'm unsure if weapons picked up in offline carry over to online - they didn't in 2025.

Played a couple of levels with Fuse, but noticed his completion % was at 0% because he'd been doing the offline missions.
                    So we started again on level 1, but on Hardest difficulty.
                    He swapped to Fencer and I swapped to Wing Diver.

Ladies and gentlemen, we died on level 1.

Am I right in thinking that the cancel-dash glitch from 2025 has gone, but they've added more boosts, so it's not missed?
                    I think Fuse was suffering with his Fencer being so slow.
                    In contrast, the Wing Diver was a blessed relief as the city became my playground and I felt a badass swooping down, picking up a downed comrade, blasting off again over the top of a drone and taking it out with a short-range lance, then ducking under cover to recharge my jetpack. Or flying to the top of the spawn spikes and mashing them up in turbo time.

We got up to the mission where you first meet the drones and even with a full team, we just couldn't do it.
                    Must've had 5 or 6 attempts, but always got overwhelmed.
                    I'm not a gigalo, but I was becoming a great pick-up artist!
                    Sadly, there weren't enough health drops to keep doing it.
                    Shame you can't land on the drones - they only turn solid when they're dead.

I think we'll drop the difficulty, move on, then come back to it when we've got better gear.

I like how you don't have to play through each difficulty.
                    That was a bit of a grind in 2025.
                    Complete an EDF5 level on Hard, and you've done it on Easy and Normal too.

So, Kryss has created a group called BDEDF.
                    Search for that group (not a user!) and sign up if you want some co-op action.

So, who has this now? [MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION] [MENTION=9333]kryss[/MENTION] [MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION] [MENTION=2625]randombs[/MENTION] [MENTION=1218]Zaki[/MENTION] [MENTION=6966]Anpanman[/MENTION] [MENTION=5011]vanpeebles[/MENTION] [MENTION=7343]prinnysquad[/MENTION]

Anyone else?

Comment

I'll have a gam, when you on next?

Comment

I've merged the threads and updated the thread title for easier searching.

I mean, I asked [MENTION=9333]kryss[/MENTION] to do a thread in online challenges/meetups, but he failed. Failed.
                        Might as well do it in here.

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                        I'll have a gam, when you on next?
                        I'm not on tonight, but there's enough of us for a regular session most nights.
                        Headsets make life easier, gang.
                        Find the BDEDF group and join it.

Comment

Was a big fan of you telling me about how I could charge up the lance, which I tried to do immediately despite you being stood next to me. Two things I learnt:

1. You cannot charge up the lance I was using at the time.
                          2. Friendly fire is now a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            I'm unsure if weapons picked up in offline carry over to online - they didn't in 2025.
                            Tips & Tricks, General Guide General Gameplay Online and Offline The progression is partly shared between online and offline (2 player splitscreen

"The progression is partly shared between online and offline (2 player splitscreen uses offline progression), weapons and armour earned follows your character between the modes, but your mission progress does not. This means you might be at mission 25 in offline, but can only create a lobby for mission 1 in online mode. You can however join another players lobby even if you haven't unlocked that mission."

Also, the online difficulty does go up:
                            For 1 or 4 players: 2.4x enemy damage and 2.64x enemy health.
                            For 2 or 3 players: 2.0x enemy damage and health.

70% online progression turns off weapon and armour limits.

Armour boxes increases your Armour (HP), but its not a 1 box = 1 more armour, instead it depends on the class:
                            Fencer: 0.8 per box
                            Ranger and Air raider: 0.64 per box
                            Wing Diver: 0.4 per box.
                            So 10 armor boxes will give the fencer 8 more armor/HP but only 4 for the Wing Diver.

Weapon boxes give you 1 weapon per box. What weapons that can drop during a specific mission is based on the mission itself and the difficulty. If you pick up an armour or weapon box, EVERYBODY gets a reward, so it's worth Hoovering everything up as anything not collected doesn't count.

You can get the same weapon several times which lets you upgrade weapons already in your armoury.
                            When you pick up a duplicate weapon, you MAY get an upgrade.
                            This increases a stat of a weapon until the star rating is a filled white star.

In this example, the reload time has been upgraded to a maximum of 5/5.

"All weapons except lasers have travel time.
                            This means you sometimes have to lead your target to hit. The stat Shot speed shows you how fast the projectiles will travel. Some weapon also have damage drop off, noted in stats as xx~xx on the damage stat.
                            Hitboxes are quite tight, your projectile have to hit properly.
                            For example its very possible to for example have a rocket miss because it went between the enemies legs. Jumping/flying up and shooting slightly downward can help with this.
                            Explosions can ragdoll you and your teammates, sending you flying, sometimes halfway across the map.
                            Friendly explosives will only ragdoll you on Hardest and Inferno difficulties, but your own explosives can always ragdoll you.
                            Friendly fire is always on.
                            The difficulty dictates how much damage it does with Easy at 10%, Normal at 25%, hard at 50%, Hardest at 75% and Inferno at 100%.
                            When using explosive weapons against a horde of enemies, try not to hit the closest enemy.
                            Ideally you want the explosion to happen in the middle of the horde to inflict maximum damage. Again Jumping up and shooting downwards can help with this.
                            Enough damage will make the enemy flinch.
                            This will interrupt what theyre currently doing playing a flinching animation before they can resume shooting/biting/whatever. This can allow you to fight enemies like the frogs or cosmonauts in close combat without taking any damage. A shotgun or a fast CC weapon like the fencer jackhammer can keep the enemy flinching over and over again.
                            Reviving.
                            If your teammember is downed you can revive them by walking up to them and press E (enter vehicle key) this will remove HALF your current health and give it to them. It will always remove half your current health, even if that is more than the team members maximum.
                            Redmarkers on the ground? Get out of the way!
                            The red marked ground means theres an airstrike or other attack incoming, usually called in by an Air raider in your team. Some missions have NPC controlled airstrikes, these still hurt.

Fencer dash & jump info:
                            Dash and Jump
                            The main mobility tool for the fencer. First of all these abilities comes equipped on WEAPONS with CC weapons providing dash and autocannons, some mortars and missile launchers providing jump. There are boosters in the support equipment that allows you to do several jumps/dashes in a row. Without them you have a cooldown between each use. You need to have the weapon in hand to be able to use the ability. The currently equipped left hand weapons ability will be on left shift and right hand on space. The dash makes you charge forward a shorter distance while the jump makes you jump. Standing still and jumping makes you jump straight up but MUCH higher.

Dashjump
                            If you have one weapon with dash and one with jump you can dashjump. Dash and then directly jump while still in the dash and be amazed at your newfound mobility. With the support equipment boosters you can do several of these in a row (you dont have to land between them), flying all over the map like some heavily armed and armored angel of death. Mastering this lets you bounce around the battlefield, avoiding damage and spreading death like the plague. See the dash, jump and dashjump in the video to the left."

Comment

Apologies to Anpanman for any repetition of info from his earlier posts.

Comment

I'll learn you some learnings chompy!

Comment

Working...
                                X