No announcement yet.

Retro|Spective 125: Deadly Premonition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love it - originally got suckered in by a trailer for Red Seeds Profile on Japanese XBL, but it went quiet for ages and came out much later with a different vibe about it. On playing, the eccentricity and the hard Twin Peaks leanings caught me first, but ended up loving the characters, and in turn how the story developed.

I do also remember finding it more unsettling than I was expecting though, particularly amplified by a lot of the jank in the action scenes. Like how tank controls in OG resi used to make you feel less responsive and in control, but... yeah.

While I'd like a sequel to improve on certain things, at the same time I wouldn't want it too sanitised or by the numbers. I'm quite happy to take a little rough with my smooth if it means that we're getting the game Swery actually wants to make.

Comment

Literally started playing this game a few days go...
      I do find it compelling but I’m struggling with the jank...Unfortunately to the point where it does affect my enjoyment.

I also had my first plot point where I was like “really!? That’s a bit dumb”

I didn’t like the way Diane died. It made no sense that she would get up and start talking about the art piece. As soon as she did I was like “this thing better not fall on her”........but it did.

Still, it’s been days and I still can’t stop laughing at an earlier York line...

/when York is describing a particularly grisly murder
      Emily: Hey, some of us are eating here.
      York: I’m well aware of that, Emily. I’m one of them.

Comment

It's a massive dose of cheese which the game is often guilty of, there is at some point some plot info dropped that kind of explains the how of her actions in that scene even if it doesn't entirely explain the why.

Comment

Working...
        X