This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asura View Post
    This is the one by Arika, the people who made Street Fighter EX, right?

I remember hearing about it years ago but kinda lost track of it before release.
    I've played Ex Fighting Layer quite a lot on PS4. It's not bad. Slightly janky in parts, but it's a solid fighter. Picked it up for 20-odd quid in a sale a few years back I think.

Comment

Debate sparks off as Capcom makes some changes to Super Street Fighter II Turbo for the arcade collection release

Comment

Hmm interesting, famicom detective club in japan not only has a physical release with both games in the cart unlike the west but also a spiffy collectors edition. Now the intresting bit is does the japanese version contain the english translation or not? i know a lot of nintendo first party titles seem to be multi lingual and change dependending on what language your switch is set to. Would love this in physical form but not prepared to risk been stuck with japanese only as it's way above my reading level athough i'm pleased to see that the kanji has furigana at least.

Comment

That’s really nice. Do update us if you find out down the line whether or not it has English.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
            That’s really nice. Do update us if you find out down the line whether or not it has English.
            Looked on nintendo japans website as they have a page up for this game, sadly no mention of language i'm secretly hoping for a gyakuten saiban type of situation where it's multilingual. I mean nintendo have already announced that it's been translated, i'm half tempted just to suck it up and take the risk as that collectors set is 9000yen worst happens i can always cough up for uk digital versions to play & pretend i didn't blow 9000yen on a extremely hard to play jp version Hoping it doesn't sell out & do the usual thing of doubling in price like everything on amazon.

Yeah i'm already talking myself into this thing haha
            Last edited by importaku; 23-02-2021, 19:06.

Comment

US and Japanese versions are coming out the same day, and the publisher's Nintendo. 99.9% the cart has Japanese, English, and any other language required by Europe.

Comment

lol sod it, my order has been placed for it on amazon japan you can all point & laugh at me later.

They can sit with my other jp copies of the game, on a weird note when i opened that binder to take a pic i discovered a load of extremely fine needle like crystals have formed over the plastic. looked like MSG does but extremely fine i was curious so i opened another of the binder holders and sure enough crystals on that too. They haven't been opened in about 10 years+ as i keep the carts separate from the boxes but i have no idea whats made them grow crystals it's either the plastic boxes reacting or the foam in the binder. Either way they thankfully brush off and dissolve into nothing when rubbed and the plastic is thankfully not brittle on the boxes.
                Last edited by importaku; 23-02-2021, 20:19.

Comment

Is it the only way to get a physical version of the game? I can’t see a physical non-LE on Amazon JP - or am I just being thick?

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                    Is it the only way to get a physical version of the game? I can’t see a physical non-LE on Amazon JP - or am I just being thick?
                    Just had a look again on amazon japan to find out. There's 3 variants listed on the page but 2 of them are the collectors edition and the 3rd is a digital version the difference between the collectors editions is one is 1000 yen more and has an amazon exclusive preorder bonus with it. Seems there's only a physical version in the collectors edition. Well i think it is physical as they could be evil and put a code in a box but i don't think they keep that quiet usually if it's the case they mention it up front.

Edit: just had a look on nintendo japans webpage for it to see if there's anything more and it seems it's either special edition or digital no others are mentioned.
                    Nintendo Switchで甦る2つの謎。2021年5月14日(金)発売、Nintendo Switch『ファミコン探偵倶楽部 消えた後継者・うしろに立つ少女』の公式サイトです。
                    Last edited by importaku; 23-02-2021, 20:27.

Comment

Hmm digging deeper on the mynintendo japanese store it seems that famicom detective club doesn't mention languages in the collectors edition but on each separate game page it mentions the languages and only japanese & chinese (simplified & traditional)
                      任天堂の公式オンラインストア。「ファミコン探偵倶楽部 消えた後継者 ダウンロード版」の販売ページ。マイニンテンドーストアではNintendo Switch(スイッチ)やゲームソフト、ストア限定、オリジナルの商品を販売しています。

have until may to decide wether to keep my preorder for the fancy goods and double dip of the english digital versions.
                      Last edited by importaku; 23-02-2021, 20:58.

Comment

Def keep us posted if you find anything more; I’ve been expecting it to not have English, but would definitely jump on board if that isn’t the case.

Comment

Anybody getting Ghosts N Goblins Resurrection?

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
                            Is this the moment to say that I absolutely hate the entire franchise? I think it's because I played it when I was very young and just found myself annoyed at its somewhat brutal difficulty.

Comment

Yeah, got it preloaded, so looking forward to playing it after midnight tonight!

Comment

I'm certainly very interested in it. I never know with this kind of sequal whether you'll get Sonic Mania or "Rainbow Islands: A Towering Adventure", but based on the reviews so far it seems generally positive. That said, M2's G-Darius port is out in Japan on Friday and that's top of my list!

Comment

Working...
                                X