X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
    Bigger screen = worse battery.

100% no joycon revision either. Would make the unit incompatible with all previous joycons.
    Well yes and no,... bigger screen means more power draw but maybe the larger size can accommodate a bigger battery? I would certainly like the battery life to be the same as the current model or better, put it that way.

As for Joy-Cons... well I'm a dreamer. I use mine with a grip which is ok but still pales in comparison to some of the 3rd party offerings coming out now that are just more ergonomic overall. Like I said, pipe dream but its something I want.

Comment

One look at the Switches sales figures pretty much shows there's no need at all for a new model unless Nintendo determines one of two things:

1-The existing model is becoming less profitable due to outdated components and it's cost efficient to replace it with an updated version meaning this isn't a Pro in any sense of the word and improvements will be minimal

2-There's a huge untapped adult gaming market desperate to play Nintendo games on higher end hardware

That market absolutely does not exist. I expect by early 2022 there will be tons of rumours of yet another model with people getting in a tizz over the insane possibilities only for it to emerge that it's the inevitable 'New Nintendo Switch Lite' that will follow.

Comment

[MENTION=345]Neon Ignition[/MENTION]: isn't 1080p in the dock on current hardware output by the Switch handheld itself, just using the extra power as in Watts to provide the best gfx achievable for the game on that chipset.

Surely a dock that contains a scaler to 4k is what you describe. Driving a screen natively at 4k takes more grunt. It's not just a resolution, it's 8 million pixels vs 2 million for 1080p.

Comment

Yep you're right. To me though that means it's all the more unlikely that Nintendo will have put much into it given the handheld form function of the system. They can still keep the GPU capabilities of the system quite dated and essentially keep the perks of more capable 4K performance and DLSS in their back pocket for Switch 2 assuming they stick with NVidia for that system. Given Nintendo's games largely still target 60fps on the Switch and Lite and those will remain the primary formats they have little to nothing to gain from over reaching for 4K performance from a new revised model other than offering basic 4K support.

Holding off and then offering a truly more powerful Switch 2 in say 2024/2025 that is 4K by default and utilises DLSS (presumably 3.0 by then) would offer them and third parties a huge jump on Switch making for an easier sell than pandering in the short term to a niche audience that barely exists and is buying the system anyway.

I guess in the end, it's that Nintendo hasn't made a technologically aggressive system in at least twenty years and with their current sales figures I don't see why they'd start now when the One X/Pro never paid off in a meaningful way for Sony and MS.

Comment

A-Train - All Board! Tourism launches for Switch on Friday, in a shocking multilingual release.
            Demo available right now.

Comment

Hmm, I'm "somewhat interested", as are many people I guess. Maybe it has a budget price tag as its a risky purchase.

WAIT WHAT.... £54??

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                A-Train - All Board! Tourism launches for Switch on Friday, in a shocking multilingual release.
                Demo available right now.
                Want! Eurgh price is risky isn't?

Comment

Always the way with that series. Even on Steam the price stays high with rare/low sale offers.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                    Always the way with that series. Even on Steam the price stays high with rare/low sale offers.
                    I can understand charging a higher price because maybe it's a niche, possibly unheard of series over here, but surely 39.99 would be a more inviting price for people who are curious. I mean you could argue 24.99.

Comment

Charging more than Zelda or Mario is a bloody hilarious thing to do with an A-Train game.

Comment

All it says to me is that it must be a really super-duper game!

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                          Want! Eurgh price is risky isn't?
                          The 3DS one was on sale from time to time. I would just wait for the inevitable sale.

The demo lets you play for the first year, which is plenty to get an idea about it I would imagine.

Comment

Erm wtf, i haven't even seen a release date for PS4 and the switch is getting them both as a double pack on may 14th. Didn't expect to see that on amazon japan lol.

Comment

Of course Japan would have a lady and a giant tentacle monster on the front cover.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                                All it says to me is that it must be a really super-duper game!
                                To be fair it looks massively fleshed-out. Catering to the type of people that only play train sims.

It almost needs a €500 proprietary controller to go along with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X