Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's why we circle back around to the notion of more frequent 60fps and 4K output on TV being the main takeaways. There are no 4K assets or anything remotely close to that, won't be either with those tiny cartridges and Nintendo's online philosophy. Hell, it's almost impossible to think of a Switch game that couldn't run on WiiU if they tried and had any use in doing so. Given the current sales strength of the system too it all has a faint whiff of New 3DS but in a scenario where Nintendo has found itself ready for a sales boost it doesn't need or will get.

Given how many Switches are now shifting per year on the back of portable Fortnite, Animal Crossing and Pokemon... yeah, 4K isn't going to do jack for it. Have to assume BOTW2 (only cross-gen if its also coming to WiiU) will be on the cards, I guess there's potential for an Odyssey 2 given the lifespan we're looking at and frequency of Mario platforming releases as well.

I still assume that Mario Kart 9 will only turn up if its so Nintendo can double dip a Deluxe edition on Switch 2

Bayonetta 3... maybe (not sure why that one is dragging) and Metroid Prime 4... meah... increasingly not this gen. What's left? Super Mario Party 2? Nintendogs?

Fire Emblem... definitely lots of Fire Emblem.

Comment

Do Nintendo even have any games in development? Doesn’t seem like it beyond BotW2, id put money on MP4 being cancelled, so that leaves?

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        It's why we circle back around to the notion of more frequent 60fps and 4K output on TV being the main takeaways. There are no 4K assets or anything remotely close to that, won't be either with those tiny cartridges and Nintendo's online philosophy. Hell, it's almost impossible to think of a Switch game that couldn't run on WiiU if they tried and had any use in doing so. Given the current sales strength of the system too it all has a faint whiff of New 3DS but in a scenario where Nintendo has found itself ready for a sales boost it doesn't need or will get.

Given how many Switches are now shifting per year on the back of portable Fortnite, Animal Crossing and Pokemon... yeah, 4K isn't going to do jack for it. Have to assume BOTW2 (only cross-gen if its also coming to WiiU) will be on the cards, I guess there's potential for an Odyssey 2 given the lifespan we're looking at and frequency of Mario platforming releases as well.

I still assume that Mario Kart 9 will only turn up if its so Nintendo can double dip a Deluxe edition on Switch 2

Bayonetta 3... maybe (not sure why that one is dragging) and Metroid Prime 4... meah... increasingly not this gen. What's left? Super Mario Party 2? Nintendogs?

Fire Emblem... definitely lots of Fire Emblem.
        I get your point, but I don't really think the New Switch really needs to be a massive upgrade. Reduce the size of the bezels and increase the screen size a bit, add Bluetooth headphone support and give the design overall a bit of refinement. Throw in DLSS so they can promote it as '4K', and you've got a very viable mild upgrade. Smartphone manufacturers change less about their devices and do so on an annual basis!

They've had such a gangbusters year thanks in part to the pandemic that they're probably holding it back for when sales dip, to gen up interest again.

Comment

That's exactly the thing, in reality the Switch doesn't need an upgrade at all at the moment given its success. Any upgrade is likely to be mild but very much in line with past system upgrades which have by and large ended up being pretty pointless in games terms. We're mostly going to be looking at a few less jaggies on a 4K TV display.

Comment

I dunno. The bezels are huge, the JoyCons are faulty, there’s no Bluetooth and no support at all for 4K displays. People have bought new versions of machines for less. I think it’s worth doing and I’d like to see it.

From a perspective of new games, I agree completely. There won’t be any. It’s simply a booster ‘slim’, almost certainly. But that’s OK!

Comment

I'll be currious to see if the patent for the redesigned joy-cons somes to anything. Same basic design but swapping the sticks out for 3DS sliders. Why a quality stick is beyond them who knows

Comment

I play my switch more than any other system , I’m a sucker who’d buy an upgrade

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                  I'll be currious to see if the patent for the redesigned joy-cons somes to anything. Same basic design but swapping the sticks out for 3DS sliders. Why a quality stick is beyond them who knows
                  It wouldn't surprise me to see them go down this route. The prototype WiiU's actually had 3DS-style sliders; I was surprised when I saw the final versions.

EDIT: Wait, that won't work. The Switch has click-sticks; neither the 3DS nor Vita sticks can be clicked down.
                  Last edited by Asura; 24-03-2021, 14:00.

Comment

Leaked image of the New Nintendo Switch:

Comment

Surely whatever Nvidia are doing with regards to a new Shield (if anything) will form the backdrop of any future Switch hardware update, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                        Surely whatever Nvidia are doing with regards to a new Shield (if anything) will form the backdrop of any future Switch hardware update, no?
                        Its no coincidence that Nvidia announced they have stopped making the current Switch chipset and now these new rumours have started flying. Nintendo aren’t doing this to benefit their customers, not really, they just have to change chips now.

Comment

Neat-looking doujin shmup Barrage Fantasia's just out. UK store link is here.

Comment

Firing my SOS flare here, if anyone knows where I can get the MH Rise pro controller for anything near RRP please shout.

edit: of all places, Game to the "rescue" with an £8 shipping charge.
                            Last edited by fuse; 26-03-2021, 08:48.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                              Firing my SOS flare here, if anyone knows where I can get the MH Rise pro controller for anything near RRP please shout.

edit: of all places, Game to the "rescue" with an £8 shipping charge.
                              Was about to say argos and Smyths have them in stock.

Comment

Skyward Sword HD Joy-Con now up for pre-order at Amazon UK & Simply Games.

Comment

Working...
                                X