This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
    Nintendo Indie World Presentation later today, roughly 20 minutes long.

9:00 PT / 12:00 ET / 17:00 BST / 18:00 CEST

Apparently this is coming to Switch: https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/trials-of-fire-review/. Looks cool - basically a more fully-featured Slay the Spire with a pretty gorgeous aesthetic. Would like info./dates on that.
    Last edited by Golgo; 14-04-2021, 07:59.

Comment

My interest peaked for a second then sank when I saw the word Indies. Not a knock against them, just a sign of how tiring Nintendo's drought is becoming. The Switch is so deep now into a slothenly middle aged spread period of its life. I might install Retroarch on it soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        The Switch is so deep now into a slothenly middle aged spread period of its life.
        And yet it keeps selling gangbusters and printing money.

Weird.

Comment

I think the ludicrous success of Animal Crossing, which was pretty bare bones when it was released, will actually prove to be a terrible thing for Nintendo's already lax development ethic now we're in this stage of the console's life. Blame Nook and Covid.

Comment

Though there's a lot of other factors the one recent big one seems to be Animal Crossing, hats off to Nintendo for that one. I know a few people who own the machine and that game and have literally never run another game on the system. The release of the mobile game seems to have really strongly transitioned a portion of the audience over to the console. The systems arc continues to remind me of the Wii's.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
              The systems arc continues to remind me of the Wii's.
              100m+ Wii consoles sold and 922m Wii games sold.

You say that as if Nintendo wouldn't somehow be thoroughly delighted if the Switch went the Wii route!

Comment

Not so much the success of the machine, more the late cycle complacency that walked them into the WiiU. Given how Nintendo operate they'd benefit hard from avoiding a 'Switch 2' launch and just updating the line when significant hardware gains can be introduced. That being said, it's harder to re-re-release older titles then if the system always supports the past versions.
                Last edited by Neon Ignition; 14-04-2021, 14:17.

Comment

Ooops, wrong thread.
                  Last edited by briareos_kerensky; 14-04-2021, 15:18.

Comment

Home in time for Thanksgiving Switch offers!

Comment

If you want to see a real drought look at xbox & ps5 there's bugger all out on either.

Comment

Fez is out on Switch. Fez. Surprise launch to mark its 9 year anniversary. Should've held it back for it's 10th next year and then we could've had a real whoop-de-doo celebration.

Comment

lol i own it on pc & ps4 & X360 i'm kind of tempted to get it on switch as well as i LOOOOOOVE that game. A quadruple dip

Comment

Cast your mind back to 2019 and you might recall the news that a number of House of the Dead remakes were on the way. N…

House of the dead remake

Comment

ICYMI

Comment

Not much in that one that tickles my fancy, apart from that Getsufumaden. Basically Dead Cells with fancier graphics and a Japanese myth/yokai setting, by the looks of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X