Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's definitely a strange stubborn position, there's not really any reason other than complacency not to fix it.

Comment

Someone on Era mocked this - the revolution

Comment

Thinking about the jump from DS to DS Lite. That was a massive leap in design.
        DS Lite to DSi was all about the downloadable games, but was never quite what it could have been.
        DSi to DSiXL was just bigger screens.
        3DS to 3DS XL was a much better form.
        3DS XL to New 3DS? Face tracking? A little more power, which brought Xenoblade and...Minecraft. But Minecraft wasn't 3D.
        New 3DS XL was just bigger than the New 3DS, lacking the changeable faceplates, but actually released in North America (which the New 3DS was not).
        I'm not touching the 2DS models as I literally never have.

But now I'm thinking how a miniDS would be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
          Someone on Era mocked this - the revolution

That looks about what I'm expecting. The current switch is pretty bulky with its bezels so there's plenty to cut out and keep the form factor intact.

A better kickstand should be simple enough as well given the current one is like something designed in the 80s. Its proper tatt.

Comment

New thread on Era:
            "If all the Switch Pro rumours are true, Mario Kart 9 (if happening) is going to look visually amazing"

Comment

How could it look better than 8D? I'm curious.

Comment

I think the point NI is making is that certain people on Era either seem to think:

1) The New Switch/Switch Pro is a new generation machine, not a minor bump/refresh for existing hardware

And/or

2) MK9 is coming to the Switch 1 (which it won't cuz it'll almost certainly be an exclusive for Nintendo's next generation console in two or three years)

Comment

They love there made up links with rumours on Era. Should rename site ResetRumour.

Thats fine though, the disappointment feeds me.

Comment

Yup, we're in the territory now where some are speculating some of the specs will be more advanced than what's in a PS5. I'm almost hoping Nintendo has seen the thread and keeps a lid on it even longer (assuming the rumour of a reveal this week they're in a tizz over is even real) as by the time it's actually revealed and all the sites Mystic Megs who've been claiming a revision is coming since the launch day of the original model are in full force they'll probably be expecting the Switch Pro to be powerful enough to generate a gravity well.

Comment

Discovered a new rhythm game on switch called arcaea it's like sound voltex and deemo got combined there's air notes along with the sound voltex style rails. Even on normal it's kicking my ass as when you play on joycons the controls have an extra layer of challenge as you have to control not only left and right on the sticks but also up and down as well as hitting all the regular note stuff. Touch mode is way more intuitive but i'm damn glad i have a glass screen protector on my machine lol. Was apparently a mobile version first but the switch one has most of the song packs included and all that microtransaction type stamina crap stripped out. Not cheap at £35 but i caved in and got it, sadly no physical release as of yet.

Here's it in action

and a slightly harder song LOOL
                      Last edited by importaku; 01-06-2021, 00:39.

Comment

Im impressed the screen registers all of those inputs.

Comment

Tomorrow may well be reveal day

Comment

I'm more excited about the wave of disappointment from those thinking that it'llbe something more than a simple refresh with minor QoL updates than the announcement.

Comment

Okay then, this is my bet.

• Mainly about revising the design to make some improvements while making the parts easier to source for Nintendo.
                              • Generally similar to existing design, with kickstand modeled on the Surface Go.
                              • Slightly bigger screen; removes the bezel.
                              • 4k output, though only a modest hardware bump. Mainly allows indie games to be 4k, or AAA games to have 4k menus/OSDs/UIs with 1080/720p 3D graphics.
                              • Maybe hardware support for DLSS.
                              • Full compatibility with existing software, no capacity for "New Switch Only" software.

Chief disappointment will be that it doesn't fix the drifty joycon sticks, though it'll be nice that it maintains compatibility with existing hardware, so stuff like Ring Fit still works. I think this because other manufacturers, like ANBERNIC, are still using those sticks in their hardware, which suggests that Nintendo are sourcing them from a third-party. Nintendo (and all console manfucturers) usually do updates for 2 reasons, falling sales (not happening yet) or because their original specification/design requires parts which are becoming more expensive due to obsolescence, and I don't think the sticks are - yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X